Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "Smell of Success"...??

romanemuskbg.jpg

We expect:

PowerWall 2 & PowerPack 2
AP 2
Solar Roof

We don't all expect (but I do):
Solar roof on Tesla cars
Model Y/pickup
Bus
Truck (semi, etc.)
Inverter
AI enhancements to Tesla cars (ie, part of AP2 hw)
Swappable smaller batteries (smaller sizes, 2-4 per car, insert when needed)
Tractors (as in construction, farm, etc.). Standard ruggedized swappable battery packs would seem necessary to me. Dirty, rough, heavy duty, heavy duty cycle, heavy load, reliable, shaken a lot, etc. different than dainty premium EV's.
Jobsite power
Wireless charge, snake charge, whatever to not need plugin

He already said no:
Use car battery for home solar bidirectional

Coming later:
Model 3 (or is it already here?)

Down the road:
Airplane
Helicopter
RV
Redesigns of S,X,Roadster (spreading features of them around, adding features/luxury)
HUD
Emergency rockets in cars to divert around accidents

Or the cargo van based on Model X chassis he recently mentioned.

Am I the only one who thinks of this every time October 17th is mentioned?:

The 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake occurred in Northern California on October 17 at 5:04 p.m.

I like the quad motors one. Gets rid of axle problems. I always thought electric motors allow this in a way ICE don't, and I based lots of designs off this concept.

After thread merge, I voted Semi. My second guess is Model Y/Pickup, and third guess is solar roof on car.

People: "unveil" is visual. AP2.0 hw isn't a match on multiple levels. If we're getting AP2 now, I think this unveiling is something else, additional to that. Same goes with policies (SuperCharging), existing packs new sales configs (100D).
Wow! I think you forgot to add Aircraft Carrier to that list of expected announcements down the road... :p

• Funny
Reactions: PV4EV and GSP
He also said "Product".
What is with people so they can't understand what a "PRODUCT" and "UNEXPECTED BY MOST" means?

AP20 is not a product nor unexpected. Model Y is a product but not unexpected.

I say it is a "TopDogTesla annual subscription". For only $100k per year one gets free new top of the line tesla as soon it is realeased. One can also switch betwen top of the line X and top of the line S with no extra charge once every 6 months.

It may also be a wireless home charger.

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3 and Ulmo
I think it might be the rumored HUD for the Model S/X. I feel like an autopilot announcement (maybe full autonomy) deserves a big event with invites sent well in advance to all the big Tesla fans.
Odd: I presume the opposite about AP. AP has already been announced.

But HUD is plausible, but since it was already severely lacking in S&X, why would they correct that mistake now after years of opportunities? Seems unlikely.

I'd also love to see some traffic flow optimization features. I think that could make a big difference to quality of life in areas where Teslas are popular and traffic is terrible: The Physics Behind Traffic Jams and all that.
I've wanted that same thing. I have employed many techniques that link writer discovered for many decades to good effect. This is how my father and driving instructors taught me, and how I improved on it myself. It always improves traffic flow. In Silicon Valley, SAE L2 Tesla's would be enough to fix 80% of current traffic jams, reducing local pollution by huge levels.

Wow! I think you forgot to add Aircraft Carrier to that list of expected announcements down the road... :p
His other company just had a similar product announcement in Mexico. It has a 40-100 year timeline. Seems redundant to have a floating local version.

Oh but wait! You made me think of something: electric consumer boat. Easy to build battery cooling system. I hate boats. But electric boats would put out less pollution in the water, especially in contained waterways. (Open ocean can eat a lot of oil.)

Last edited:
Tesla introduces Supercharger.Home.

Based on the popular commercial Supercharger.ForLongDistanceTravelOnly model, this 240V home charging solution is for people who need to go places in a hurry at unexpected times. Available in versions starting at 30kW, and upgradeable to 60kW* it can charge two of your or your friends' Teslas simultaneously**. Compact in size (it's smaller than a guest room king-size bed), it will easily fit in any of your garages.

* Please contact your electricity provider. Tesla is not responsible for their reaction.
** Not compatible with the Tesla Roadster.***
*** Tesla has no plans to support the Tesla Roadster. Give it up already.

Reactions: Cloxxki