Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It occurs to me that Musk has really bad timing. A product announcement just before a Presidential debate, which all the world's media will be focusing on?

You worry too much. If you missed a Presidential Debate, there's always transcripts.

Such as this from the last one:

"....
Anderson Cooper: Neither of you remotely answered the question, whatsoever. You literally both ignored Patrice. Anyway, I also don’t care about Patrice. Let’s talk about the tapes. Donald, you talked about kissing women without consent. Grabbing them by the p@ssy. That’s really very much definitely sexual assault. You bragged about sexually assaulting women. This is a real thing that happened. It is a thing that’s real.

Trump: Wrong. I don’t think you understand what sexual assault is. Grabbing women by the p@ssy is locker room talk. Assaulting women is grabbing them by the p@ssy. I’m sorry I grabbed women by the p@ssy. I never did that. And how can you say that’s worse than ISIS? ISIS is beheading thousands of people. How can you compare me to ISIS? They drown people in steel cages. I’ve never done that once. How dare you Anderson. We’ll see tomorrow what the American people have to say about you saying that ISIS isn’t a big deal. What do you think our enemies are saying when they see what’s going on here. Yes, it was locker room talk. Yes, I hate it. I have advanced strategies for ISIS. I will defeat ISIS.

Anderson:

Trump:

Anderson: Okay, but do you assault women?

Trump: Nobody has more respect for women than I do. Nobody. Not Mister Rogers. Not Susan B. Anthony. No one. Moving on a married woman is a sign of respect. I’m what every parent hopes their daughter marries. All women respect me.

Anderson: But like literally—do you assault women?

Trump: Only with my respect. We’re gonna build a wall. We’re gonna have borders. People are pouring into our country from the Middle East to grab American women by the p@ssy. We’re gonna make America safe again. We’re gonna make America great again. We’re gonna make America safe again. We’re gonna make America wealthy again. China.

Anderson: Secretary Clinton, would you like to respond?

Clinton: Reagan. Bush. Eisenhower. Did they grab women by the arm? Yes. By the hand? Probably. Around the shoulder? Sure. But by the p@ssy? I don’t think so. Donald Trump is a bad man. He’s an everything-ist. He’s Matt Damon in School Ties. He’s the uncle in The Long Walk Home. He’s the mean slave owner in 12 Years a Slave. He’s the main German guy in Die Hard. He’s the woman in The Grudge. He’s Bluto. He’s Jafar. He’s the Joker. He’s a white walker. He’s a death eater. He’s a zombie. He’s a ghost. I, on the other hand, want to form one of those huge circles of different colored people that stretches all the way around the Earth where everyone’s holding hands. Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"..."

After reading the above transcript, I have no desire to watch the upcoming Presidential Debate any more!

Anyhow, back to unexpected product announcement, which channel is covering Tesla live?

Tesla Motors Livestream | Tesla

My prediction: Model Y, which is also the answer to "not enough trunk opening" in Model 3 ;)

Or, Tesla Finance Bank of Earth. I'm still intrigued by that, it's still "part" of a car ;)

He specifically stated that he was surprised at the volume of model 3 orders. He said he expected those numbers to happened after the part 2 announcement which suggests that the part 2 announcement was going to dramatically increase the value of a model 3. Also stated that at some point tesla owners would be able to take revenue from owning a tesla through rideshare. There might be alot of bells and whistles in addition to it, but the only thing that really adds value in orders of magnitude to a car rather than just cool factor is increased practical functionality. Meaning you dont have to drive it yourself AND/OR you can make money being an owner of one.

Reactions: TrendTrader007