Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UP vs MPP Coilover

Coilovers

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone down for a 30 day free trial from Unplugged Performance?

From their website....

Update – Our customer feedback is so overwhelmingly positive that we’ve begun offering an unprecedented 30 day free trial for any Model 3 driver to switch from any competitor’s suspension to Unplugged Performance coilovers. Driving is believing, satisfaction guaranteed.
So what’s the catch? Does it clearly stated 30 day return policy if not satisfied 100% refund?

AE024241-D240-4BBB-B5E5-591A478E47BA.png
Anyone down for a 30 day free trial from Unplugged Performance?

From their website....

Update – Our customer feedback is so overwhelmingly positive that we’ve begun offering an unprecedented 30 day free trial for any Model 3 driver to switch from any competitor’s suspension to Unplugged Performance coilovers. Driving is believing, satisfaction guaranteed.

I don’t know what’s customer feedback is so overwhelmingly positive. I don’t see any reviews for their Coilover. Maybe they are not selling their Coilover compared to MPP. The votes says it all. Almost 90% goes for MMP.

I don’t know what’s customer feedback is so overwhelmingly positive. I don’t see any reviews for their Coilover. Maybe they are not selling their Coilover compared to MPP. The votes says it all. Almost 90% goes for MMP.

Actually, most people voted before either company even sold/delivered any coilovers :rolleyes: It's not really a poll about customer feedback, more "which would you prefer" and MPP certainly has some amazing documentation behind their development and testing on their website that really gives people confidence, IMO. I think both make a good coilover, it really depends on your use case for what to buy.

for UP, do you feel like their "race" version gives you $2000 more of value? $2500 to $4500 is a steep jump for "we added an external reservoir and say the valving is better"

Tough to say, they are definitely more firm overall and feel more digressive than the regular UP ones in that they aren't as harsh at a similar stiffness level. They're also two way adjustable instead of just one way which is nice for track use, but whether that is worth $2K is up to you i suppose. If you are just daily driving the car, i think their regular coilover is a great choice for lowering with improved ride quality.

Actually, most people voted before either company even sold/delivered any coilovers :rolleyes: It's not really a poll about customer feedback, more "which would you prefer" and MPP certainly has some amazing documentation behind their development and testing on their website that really gives people confidence, IMO. I think both make a good coilover, it really depends on your use case for what to buy.

Tough to say, they are definitely more firm overall and feel more digressive than the regular UP ones in that they aren't as harsh at a similar stiffness level. They're also two way adjustable instead of just one way which is nice for track use, but whether that is worth $2K is up to you i suppose. If you are just daily driving the car, i think their regular coilover is a great choice for lowering with improved ride quality.

I'm buying for autocross / track usage. Currently I mostly autocross but plan on more track / time attack/ rallycross what have you next year

Main concern is that I would want to lower the car and drive normal streets for 7 months and then raise the car, not as stiff for 5 .months so I can drive to the mountain. Not sure if either one let's me go back and forth very easily

Same thing for camber arms which is why I am leaning towards MPP arms. Maybe just need to pay for 2 alignments per year

Aside from "publicity", it could also have to do with MPP having hundreds of satisfied coilover owners that we haven't used gimmicks to run our parts or ever given them for free. Not to mention us working 12 hours every day, answering every question, and supporting shops and customers during installs even during evenings and weekends (this is particularly frustrating sometimes). It is unfair to say that it is simply a popularity contest, I feel that this type of statement invalidates our hard work.

Lucy903 there might be a few other MPP threads you haven't advertised for KW in yet, better search for them!

Aside from "publicity", it could also have to do with MPP having hundreds of satisfied coilover owners that we haven't used gimmicks to run our parts or ever given them for free. Not to mention us working 12 hours every day, answering every question, and supporting shops and customers during installs even during evenings and weekends (this is particularly frustrating sometimes). It is unfair to say that it is simply a popularity contest, I feel that this type of statement invalidates our hard work.

Lucy903 there might be a few other MPP threads you haven't advertised for KW in yet, better search for them!

From answering the questions I've had, to supporting the two separate shops my car has been to, your customer support is top notch!

I don't know the size of the MPP team (aside from Jesse, and Sasha), but with the support and responsiveness, you would think it's a large seasoned team working around the clock. Thanks MPP!

:D

• Love
Reactions: MountainPass

Sorry i absolutely am not trying to discount the work and effort you guys have put in, i've heard nothing but phenomenal comments about you and your products.

My point is mainly that this poll had over 50 votes before either company even sold or delivered ANY coilovers, so it's literally not possible for the poll numbers to be based on actual customer experiences.

That is certainly not to say that you don't get great feedback and i am quite certain you do. I've said previously (in this thread) and i will say again, we really need to restart the poll now that multiple people have experienced coilovers from both (and other) companies.

Reactions: silverflash

What is that supposed to mean? I’m selling it because I want the comfort that is proven to work for owners who does not track their cars.

I agree purely a gimmick and a sales pitch. UP don’t even return voicemail or reply to emails. So I’m guessing when u buy into their offer and add that to your cart and turned out to be dissatisfied then the 30 day will run out because they will not reply to your calls or email. IMO, they just want to move their products because of low demand.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
What is that supposed to mean? I’m selling it because I want the comfort that is proven to work for owners who does not track their cars.

Haha basically saying you seem to be shilling a specific brand, essentially, since i believe you have mentioned those specific coilovers on a few different threads recently. Don't worry about it, i think you were just curious and aren't affiliated with KW (we've had sales people come on here and try to sell their products by pretending to be customers before).