Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2021.36.5.5 feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this update this morning and it seems to have disabled all my FSD options (not supported in this region) which is annoying, I was just looking for a button to join the FSD Beta, but instead my entire option has gone away.

We received our Model Y on 9/26 and this is my first OTA software update.

This is what my screen looks like at the moment, still getting the "Game update" so maybe that will resolve the issue.
I'm in Los Angeles.

Also, was hoping for "Car Wash Mode" but don't see it in the settings.
I did notice some improvements/ settings for summon mode, but I've never actually used summon mode so not sure how positive that is :)

Attachments

• tesla_IMG_0738.jpg
    tesla_IMG_0738.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I did some reading and seems like there isn’t any significant issues with this update in terms of autopilot. I installed it and will see how it does over the next week or two and report back.

Just got this update this morning and it seems to have disabled all my FSD options (not supported in this region) which is annoying, I was just looking for a button to join the FSD Beta, but instead my entire option has gone away.

We received our Model Y on 9/26 and this is my first OTA software update.

This is what my screen looks like at the moment, still getting the "Game update" so maybe that will resolve the issue.
I'm in Los Angeles.

Also, was hoping for "Car Wash Mode" but don't see it in the settings.
I did notice some improvements/ settings for summon mode, but I've never actually used summon mode so not sure how positive that is :)
Got the same update yesterday. Same with you where noa and traffic light wasn’t able to select cut was on. After first drive today, it came back and was able to toggle those features on and off. I too am waiting for the fsd beta request button

36.5.5 on a 150 mile round trip to the lake today, mix of 4 lane interstate, 2 lane highway, 2 lane country road.

I have only auto pilot, no FSD.

Much better than 36 and factory, in several ways:

-no random braking events, when there were 4-5 last time on same trip. Did slow 3 times, 1/2 to 1 mph, passing a truck and an oncoming semi in the dark, on the 2 lane highway on the inside of a curve. All events I would have lifted a bit too. Felt natural.

-Turning to disable autopilot only takes a gentle touch, does not fight you, and no jerky correction. Feels smooth and natural, almost refined.

-Oncoming ambulance with light and siren: on TACC, not auto steer, got warned, right line turned red, slowed me 5mph or so and moved over to the right line of the lane. Again, felt natural. Flashed a message about Corrective steering for my safety or something like that.

-if you're doing 65 and decide to stomp on it to pass a slower car, and also maybe show a WRX coming up on the left who's faster, a second later you look and see 100mph, yeah, that was me, not the software. LR AWD seems really fast from 50-100. Woops.

-Veering right where the lane gets wider at an on ramp is almost totally solved, 7/10 only veered slightly, a couple feet, a couple not at all, one a bit more, but still not as bad as before, on the same interstate. Last time it would swerve aggressively to center in the lane.

For about 10 miles on Auto Steer, on a 2 lane 65mph highway in the dark, solid stream of headlights oncoming, no random braking, no giving up control.

I'm really impressed. Still not perfect, could not handle some faded lines under an overpass, and one time I had to wrench it back into my lane in a construction zone. Should have cancelled, but what the heck, wondered how it would take it. FSD will never happen until this is all sorted. No steering wheel? Yeah, no chance.

Thanks for feedback. I felt some improvements in AP on the highway. I’ll keep trying things out. I do feel a brief neutral when switching reverse to drive now that I didn’t feel before. I hope AP is better in traffic. I don’t often encounter a ton of traffic in my normal commute but I plan to find some to validate any changes.

Once updated to 36.5.5 it immediately downloaded 36.8. I installed that as well. I’m surprised it did them sequentially as opposed to doing one larger install of 36.8. The sentry live footage is cool. I am disappointed in the camera quality and curious how they can develop AP with 1-2mp cameras. Likely a camera upgrade will be required in 2023.

Still enjoying the car.

Just updated to 36.5.5 yesterday in my 2021 Model Y. All cameras stopped working, in addition to other assistance features and navigation. 36.8 is not an option yet. This is very annoying. Scheduled a mobile service for Tues.

Really hoping the next update fixes this infuriating AP behavior in heavy traffic:
  • Car slowing in front? Get 1 car length away and jam on the brakes.
  • Car accelerating in front? Let it gap out to about 15 car lengths, and accelerate as slowly as possible.
The last few versions have done this, and it is still a problem through 36.8. It makes AP borderline unusable in traffic jams--constantly get cut off when traffic is moving, and constantly worried about getting rear-ended when traffic is stopping.