Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2032.38.6 Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed update 2023.38.6 yesterday. Today, I called the wife who was driving around town and she couldn't receive/accept the call. She knew it was me so she called back. I told her to do the two-button reboot. I then tried using the Tesla app to find out where the car was and it couldn't be located. Has anyone else run into issues with this update?

Installed update 2023.38.6 yesterday. Today, I called the wife who was driving around town and she couldn't receive/accept the call. She knew it was me so she called back. I told her to do the two-button reboot. I then tried using the Tesla app to find out where the car was and it couldn't be located. Has anyone else run into issues with this update?
Try reconnecting the phone.

I have Background App Refresh on the iPhone Tesla app and thought that would take care of any updates but I see now that it doesn't. Thanks for the input.
Background App Refresh has nothing to do with getting updates to the app from the App Store, that’s about allowing the app to function in the background. The setting for getting automatic updates on iOS is under Settings > App Store, and it applies to all apps.

Background App Refresh has nothing to do with getting updates to the app from the App Store, that’s about allowing the app to function in the background. The setting for getting automatic updates on iOS is under Settings > App Store, and it applies to all apps.
I deleted and reinstalled the Tesla app on my iPhone yesterday. I checked the App Store today and the Tesla app was updated 15 hours ago, so I performed the update. I have App Updates turned on in the App Store (Settings). You are correct about Background App Refresh.

I have the settings you mention set properly and all my other apps update automatically. I always have to update the Tesla app manually.

I have the settings you mention set properly and all my other apps update automatically. I always have to update the Tesla app manually.
I never have to update the app manually. Sometimes an update will be available a few days before it gets installed automatically, in which case I can force the update by going to the App Store, but it will update without my involvement eventually. Which version of iOS do you have?

Reactions: lensovet
I never have to update the app manually. Sometimes an update will be available a few days before it gets installed automatically, in which case I can force the update by going to the App Store, but it will update without my involvement eventually.
I agree with both points here. Only because of this convo, I checked and I am still on 4.26.6 (the predecessor to 4.27.0). But I know it will eventually update.

I never have to update the app manually. Sometimes an update will be available a few days before it gets installed automatically, in which case I can force the update by going to the App Store, but it will update without my involvement eventually. Which version of iOS do you have?
I have iOS 17.1.1 Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough to see it update automatically. I am just in the habit of every time the car updates, I check the app and there is usually an update for the app.

Are people still having issues in 2032.38.6 with TACC slowing down to not pass cars in adjacent lanes?
I have also noticed similar TACC issues after 38.6. Slowing for no apparent reason and tentative when passing, especially trucks. Seems to have regressed with this last update. Hope the wipers and high beams don’t go the same route!

Noticed that climate is blowing air out of the passenger vents when no passenger is present since this update. I had that condition for quite awhile and one of the recent updates corrected it. Now it is back. Not a big deal with me but just figured I would document it here.

Noticed that climate is blowing air out of the passenger vents when no passenger is present since this update. I had that condition for quite awhile and one of the recent updates corrected it. Now it is back. Not a big deal with me but just figured I would document it here.
I wasn’t aware that not having a front passenger is supposed to disable those vents. Are you sure about that? I believe it does work that way for rear passenger in newer cars.

I wasn’t aware that not having a front passenger is supposed to disable those vents. Are you sure about that? I believe it does work that way for rear passenger in newer cars.
I know it turns the CONTROLS off for the passenger, but I thought it left the air on. I remember "testing*" that when I first noticed the controls were gone, but that may have changed.
*"Testing" was the highly scientific, "stick my hand over there."

Reactions: SidetrackedSue

At this point I'm not sure what it is supposed to do. My car vents on the passenger side were always on at first. I read posts by others who said that their vents were activated by a passenger; also the temperature controls. My car displayed the temperature on both sides. Then, one day it changed and the temperature and vents remained off until a passenger sat in the car. Now, it's back to the previous behavior.

At this point I'm not sure what it is supposed to do. My car vents on the passenger side were always on at first. I read posts by others who said that their vents were activated by a passenger; also the temperature controls. My car displayed the temperature on both sides. Then, one day it changed and the temperature and vents remained off until a passenger sat in the car. Now, it's back to the previous behavior.
The dual temperature controls are only supposed to appear when there’s a passenger in front, and that’s how it works for me. I’ll have to check if the passenger vents are blowing air the next time I drive alone.