Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2032.38.6 Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the same update that brought the one pull AP option? If so, I have have thoughts. The one pull is fantastic for AP, however when you change lanes it should still revert to TACC, and not disengage completely every time you change lanes. Please and thank you.

Reactions: Wabsa
Is this the same update that brought the one pull AP option? If so, I have have thoughts. The one pull is fantastic for AP, however when you change lanes it should still revert to TACC, and not disengage completely every time you change lanes. Please and thank you.
The worst part (to me) of the one pull implementation is that the system disengages when you put the indicator on to change lanes resulting in the car suddenly slowing down in a line of moving traffic.

Not sure who thought this was a good idea! I've turned off one pull as it's no use to me, and seems more dangerous.

The worst part (to me) of the one pull implementation is that the system disengages when you put the indicator on to change lanes resulting in the car suddenly slowing down in a line of moving traffic.

Not sure who thought this was a good idea! I've turned off one pull as it's no use to me, and seems more dangerous.
Exactly. Same here. I'm still on 2 pulls. I'd go to one if they made that change..

Does auto pilot disengage but still maintain speed if one abruptly turns the steering wheel without activating turn signals?
Remember that AP is two (separate) modes working together:
  1. Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC) - maintains speed only. You can have JUST this mode on independently
  2. Auto Steer (AS) - Steering only. Does NOT operate independently
If you have AP engaged and turn the steering wheel, you disengage AS but TACC remains active
If you apply the brakes with AP engaged, but TACC and AS disengage, but you are able to re-engage with the original speed setting

Does auto pilot disengage but still maintain speed if one abruptly turns the steering wheel without activating turn signals?
No.

I tried the one pull yesterday on a long drive. Didn’t like it as it is and went back. I often just want TACC without Autosteer, and routinely disengage Autosteer to change lanes and don’t want the TACC to disengage while doing so. I say “as is” because I think it could be refined to give those options when needed.

Last edited: