Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update "failed", but it didn't?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wiper update said it failed, but when I check the software status, it shows the latest software and the information for the wiper update. Also, the automatic wiper option now appears in Controls.

Has anybody ever seen this? Update supposedly failed, but it seems to have actually worked?

(Haven't checked if the automatic wipers actually work yet. Waited on hold with Tesla for 25 minutes and then my call dropped :-().

I had this with 2017.50.3 as well. Kind of an “error where no error has occurred” situation as far as I can tell.

This contrasts with a real failure for 2017.50.2 that I thought had stranded me (it didn’t...but there were about 5 nervous minutes where everything seemed dead and black).

So it’s been two software issues in a row (one real failure and one ‘fake’ failure).

Prior to 2017.50.x, I had not had any failures in 6+ months.

Maybe need more QA engineers ;)

I had this with 2017.50.3 as well. Kind of an “error where no error has occurred” situation as far as I can tell.

This contrasts with a real failure for 2017.50.2 that I thought had stranded me (it didn’t...but there were about 5 nervous minutes where everything seemed dead and black).

So it’s been two software issues in a row (one real failure and one ‘fake’ failure).

Prior to 2017.50.x, I had not had any failures in 6+ months.

Maybe need more QA engineers ;)

At least they are checking for return codes! Beats the thing keeling over silently with no user visible indication.

The wiper update said it failed, but when I check the software status, it shows the latest software and the information for the wiper update. Also, the automatic wiper option now appears in Controls.

Has anybody ever seen this? Update supposedly failed, but it seems to have actually worked?

(Haven't checked if the automatic wipers actually work yet. Waited on hold with Tesla for 25 minutes and then my call dropped :-().

Same here. I made a call to Tesla support to have them investigate shortly after it happened, but have not heard back from them yet. All appears normal in the car - no opportunity to test the wipers.

Happened to be with updates 2017.42 and 42.1. In both cases the version showed correctly and the new features were working. Had SC do the .44 update and had no problem or error message. I did 50.2 and 50.3 without a problem. Early releases for me were .38 (on day I got the car) and 40.1 and they did not have the problem.

Just picked mine up on 12/26 and I had this problem. Also a day later while driving chasing to streaming music the main display restarted (went black, the tesla logo came up and then back to normal) with no perceptible change to driving. Then about 2 hours later the dash screen restarted (same black screen, tesla logo and then back to normal). Anything I should know?