Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Update: It happened] Track Mode not happening for P3d-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds good, I’ll keep enjoying this amazing vehicle until I learn more from the interwebs how I should feel.
Hey, how about you enjoy the amazing vehicle despite what the interweb tells you? That’s what I try to do. If I ever get really down on something, I just drive an ICE car and my faith is renewed.

Hey, how about you enjoy the amazing vehicle despite what the interweb tells you? That’s what I try to do. If I ever get really down on something, I just drive an ICE car and my faith is renewed.

My 2012 VW GTI was the first car that I ever bought new. I still own it (wife drives it now), and I have cared for and enjoyed it for all those years. Now, I can't tolerate driving or riding in it for any period of time. I can't go back. Granted, the Tesla was $71k and the GTI was $26k.

If the rollout numbers on TeslaFi are to be believed, it's been stopped again. Likely because the bug that corrupted your USB for Dashcam every time you got out of the car came back.

Stay tuned.....
I've always had that issue with dashcam. Whenever I "save" a capture the video is corrupt. And if you look into the TeslaCam folder the last file is always corrupt too.

Maybe track mode will be rolled into the new firmware update announced yesterday? From Elon’s Twitter it seems like March 15th. So I assume the P3D- will get the 0-60 in 3.2 second update and increase our top speed to 162 mph?

“These upgrades will increase the range of the Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive Model 3 to 325 miles, increase the top speed of Model 3 Performance to 162 mph, and add an average of approximately 5% peak power to all Model 3 vehicles.”

Maybe track mode will be rolled into the new firmware update announced yesterday? From Elon’s Twitter it seems like March 15th. So I assume the P3D- will get the 0-60 in 3.2 second update and increase our top speed to 162 mph?

“These upgrades will increase the range of the Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive Model 3 to 325 miles, increase the top speed of Model 3 Performance to 162 mph, and add an average of approximately 5% peak power to all Model 3 vehicles.”

It already does 3.2 0-60, they changed it a while back to include roll-out. Unknown if the Stealth will get the speed update to 162 mph. Guessing it will just be the P3D with PUP.

It already does 3.2 0-60, they changed it a while back to include roll-out. Unknown if the Stealth will get the speed update to 162 mph. Guessing it will just be the P3D with PUP.

It would't surprise me as they can't know what kind of tires we have - that said, I really don't need to go 162 but I do wish the other track mode controls would be available - more battery cooling, regen, etc

Yeah, they stepped in it with the 162 didn’t they. Not sure I will test that out even if I get it, but I am waiting on the new thread about weather the P- is worthy.

As I said in another thread the text that the press release does not clarify which trim of the P3D gets the new firmware leads me to believe it will apply to all of us. After all my sales contract says Model 3 Performance and that's exactly what the press release said gets the update. If they withhold the update from Stealth owners I'm pretty sure that would qualify as false advertising, which is illegal. They don't need more legal trouble for something so simple. So long as they continue to treat all P3Ds the same moving forward there are no issues.

As I said in another thread the text that the press release does not clarify which trim of the P3D gets the new firmware leads me to believe it will apply to all of us. After all my sales contract says Model 3 Performance and that's exactly what the press release said gets the update. If they withhold the update from Stealth owners I'm pretty sure that would qualify as false advertising, which is illegal. They don't need more legal trouble for something so simple. So long as they continue to treat all P3Ds the same moving forward there are no issues.

I agree with you 100%. For me, I just don't want my car to be software limited.

Reactions: caskater47
Tires, guys, change those mmx tires... The worst tires ever. I even bought snow tires (same brand Michelin X-ice) and performed better than the mxm. I don't think the P3D- deserves the upgrade if not changing to performance tires. I hope they do not nerf our cars either, but be careful out there. Now I'm a proud owner of 20" with stock 4s and could not be happier, I'm ready for the upgrade. "May all of you become a +" LOL

Reactions: MacGreiner
Tires, guys, change those mmx tires... The worst tires ever. I even bought snow tires (same brand Michelin X-ice) and performed better than the mxm. I don't think the P3D- deserves the upgrade if not changing to performance tires. I hope they do not nerf our cars either, but be careful out there. Now I'm a proud owner of 20" with stock 4s and could not be happier, I'm ready for the upgrade. "May all of you become a +" LOL
I just picked up my new wheels and tires today. I got the staggered 19x8.5/9" Titan7 forged wheels with 235/255 Pilot Sport 4S.
IMG_20190301_122705.jpg IMG_20190301_122653.jpg

I just picked up my new wheels and tires today. I got the staggered 19x8.5/9" Titan7 forged wheels with 235/255 Pilot Sport 4S.
View attachment 382043 View attachment 382044
Those are waaaay nicer than the boat anchor wheels that came stock on the P3D+... those are about 19 lbs each verses 32 lbs each for the stock 20's. You should see a range increase if you moved from the 20's... those are even lighter than the stock 18 inch wheels which are 23 lbs..

Please post any changes in power consumption -- by the way I was the guy that setup the group buy - I am glad to see these on the road now!!

This are why nicer than the boat anchor wheels that came stock on the P3D+... those are about 19 lbs each verses 32 lbs each for the 20's. You should see a range increase if you moved from the 20's... those are even lighter than the stock 18 inch wheels which are 23 lbs..
I have a stealth so I'm coming off the aeros. I can already tell a big difference in agility and grip of the car. I'm installing the MPP BBK next week which will shave another 2-3lbs off each wheel.