Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update on AP Camera Update for Older S/X Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They moved my Sterling VA SC apt from this Saturday to Tuesday the 21st maybe I'll actually get the camera upgrade then. reason : parts are not in yet.... Come on SANTA! then I guess I'll have to wait till January for any chance of a beta down load . am at 98/99 SS, I've been a good boy SANTA.!.. dont put me on the naughy list !

I finally got my in app invitation last night Dec 9th. I'm located in Colorado Springs, CO (it's in your inbox section of your profile in the top right corner).

I went to schedule service, picked the autopilot camera upgrade and scheduled it for Monday the 13th (soonest available). Tesla already messaged me in the appointment in app confirming the time and day. They told me they don't recommend opting out and back in, but they have no idea how the fsd beta rollout works post camera upgrade because the fsd program is handled by a separate team.

It's currently scheduled for mobile service to come to my house, but I asked them to change it to the service center so that I could still go to work Monday.

Reactions: MikeScarne
I finally got my in app invitation last night Dec 9th. I'm located in Colorado Springs, CO (it's in your inbox section of your profile in the top right corner).

I went to schedule service, picked the autopilot camera upgrade and scheduled it for Monday the 13th (soonest available). Tesla already messaged me in the appointment in app confirming the time and day. They told me they don't recommend opting out and back in, but they have no idea how the fsd beta rollout works post camera upgrade because the fsd program is handled by a separate team.

It's currently scheduled for mobile service to come to my house, but I asked them to change it to the service center so that I could still go to work Monday.
Forgot to mention I have a December 2016 Model S 75D with infotainment upgrade (MCU 2/intel atom) and FSD computer. It has enhanced autopilot already so my FSD sub is only $99 a month.

@GoofyGoobet

Make sure you verify BEFOREHAND the Triple Camera Part# is the correct one.

I had my Upgrade at Loveland SC Dec12 and I live in Vail. They used incorrect Part#. I had to go back there Dec 19 for replacement. Its a 6hr round-trip drive...but happy to get upgrade.
My SS fluctuates 100/99, but still no FSD BETA

Not only have I not received any FSD Beta software update after receiving the camera upgrade about 4 weeks ago and having a 99 Safety Score, but I suddenly haven't received ANY software updates for the last 6 weeks. This is very unusual since I was receiving normal updates about every 2 weeks. Something seems suspicious. Anyone else stopped getting normal updates?

Not only have I not received any FSD Beta software update after receiving the camera upgrade about 4 weeks ago and having a 99 Safety Score, but I suddenly haven't received ANY software updates for the last 6 weeks. This is very unusual since I was receiving normal updates about every 2 weeks. Something seems suspicious. Anyone else stopped getting normal updates?
No updates here for a while. I’m still on 2021.36.5.6 At least there’s no major issues but I feel like I’m missing out on all the new features that got released to new software updates. I feel like my car is getting boring lol but I’m sure in time it will happen. Hopefully we’re not going by Elon time…

@Jackman
Same with me. Got cameras upgrade Nov 19th.
Last software update was 2021.36.5.6 around Beginning of November.

I also suspected something was awry.

I’m stuck at 36.5.1 for six weeks. I called Tesla to ask if I had “cooties” and wasn’t getting updates anymore. I got a vague answer that I had what Engineering has designed for my vehicle.

Also, still no word on my camera upgrade.

Hey guys, I got some info from a super nice guy, Nick, from calling the Tesla support phone number just now.
It might help some of you on this thread, it might not, but at least it's something.

Regarding my car being stuck on 36.5.1, he said he has a suspicion it might need the camera upgrade before it gets the latest software updates, but he sent a message to the software team asking about my VIN and if there's a firmware issue or if I need the camera swap before it moves on from 36.5.1. I'm just waiting to hear back from either service or software team about that. Should be 1-3 days before I get an answer.

Then regarding the FSD download, he said after the camera upgrade it should ping the network saying "hey my car is ready to receive FSD" but if not, then he told me to email [email protected] with my name, info, VIN and safety score to ask them for the FSD download and they should be able to send it or explain why they can't. He said they've been really quick responding to emails so if I don't get the download after the camera swap, try emailing them.

I really hope this helps someone browsing this thread. Nick from the Tesla support number was insanely nice and seemed to know what he was talking about more than anyone I've ever talked to on the phone there.

Reactions: Padelford