Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

update stuck on 1%..locked out..car on charge..cannot un dock

qbpete

May 22, 2016
U.K England
Washing machine tripped fusebard-went out to my 2nd tesla s ( on charge) day after,fob would not let me in-tried with app...no joy...app says update in progress 1% for last 7 hours...battery satus shows as - - - - on app (not talking to car,due to update). cannot un dock charger.
hicups again with tesla s

• Informative
Reactions: David29

croman

Nov 21, 2016
Chicago, IL
You can force entry by bending the frameless window and jimmying the door open by grabbing the handle inside the car with a bent coat hook. It's actually surprisingly easy though it will trigger the car alarm if the car is functioning. Once inside hopefully you can figure out how to reset it.

qbpete

May 22, 2016
U.K England
These cars continue to try muy patience. ( 3 tesla s here 1 already at Tesla Leeds sc)
Customer services advise ...stuck on update..get a locksmoth& do a re boot...or flat bed car to Leeds sc.

qbpete

May 22, 2016
U.K England
Thats my plan next...haveg had my breakdown company do one of the Tesla last week.
small air bag in between glass and B post will cause the glass to drop 1/2" coat hanger does the rest.

Reactions: croman

ShockOnT

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney
These cars continue to try muy patience. ( 3 tesla s here 1 already at Tesla Leeds sc)
Customer services advise ...stuck on update..get a locksmoth& do a re boot...or flat bed car to Leeds sc.
What was the total down-time for the car?

Dangerous Fish

Pilots the Millennium Milkfloat
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2016
UK
Washing machine tripped fusebard-went out to my 2nd tesla s ( on charge) day after,fob would not let me in-tried with app...no joy...app says update in progress 1% for last 7 hours...battery satus shows as - - - - on app (not talking to car,due to update). cannot un dock charger.
hicups again with tesla s
Might be worth considering signing up to TeslaFi? You can set an alert if your battery drops below a pre configured limit.

qbpete

May 22, 2016
U.K England
I did not try the fob against the scree- i understand this can be done without a battery in the fob ( tried it in the past on a Tesla s,but no joy.)
Car,as said corrected itself,just before i was going to do a break in.

Reactions: StarLog

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC