Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update Withdrawal???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What version you on. I got an update a week or two ago. Updated to 50.6. And I forget when 50.1 was but I think it was 2-3 weeks before that. Certainly not all the way back to mid December. So I think I’ve had 2 updates since mid December (which I think was 48.x).

What version you on. I got an update a week or two ago. Updated to 50.6. And I forget when 50.1 was but I think it was 2-3 weeks before that. Certainly not all the way back to mid December. So I think I’ve had 2 updates since mid December (which I think was 48.x).

Been sitting with 50.6 for weeks....

I can't remember that last time I didn't see at least a new release every other week, even though it might not of been a wide release...

If you look at the last quarter, there were release candidates in weeks 42 / 44 / 46 / 48 / 49 and then 50. That doesn't include multiple smaller releases of those week...

Normally, it appears that there is a version approx every 2 weeks.... So, where is week 2 and 4 for 2019?

Something big must be coming....

Reactions: APotatoGod
Just picked up a Model 3 LR/AWD, on 2018.46.5. This seems quite backlevel from some of the versions I've seen posted. I've had it conneccted to wifi overnight, both charging and not.

I don't know of a way to "kick" it to go get the latest version.

Perhaps Tesla holds updates for new purchases for a while to not confuse us newbies? ;)

Just picked up a Model 3 LR/AWD, on 2018.46.5. This seems quite backlevel from some of the versions I've seen posted. I've had it conneccted to wifi overnight, both charging and not.

Perhaps Tesla holds updates for new purchases for a while to not confuse us newbies? ;)

It will come. Give it a few days.

Reactions: APotatoGod
@COhawk, make sure you have wi-fi service in your garage where you park overnight (or during the day) and configure the Tesla to connect to that network. See the Owner’s Manual for instructions on doing that.

If you’ve logged into a good wi-fi network at home or work, just wait. The update will eventually arrive. You are currently unable to force the car to check for a software update. One of these months/years/decades, that will be a newly added feature.

@COhawk, make sure you have wi-fi service in your garage where you park overnight (or during the day) and configure the Tesla to connect to that network. See the Owner’s Manual for instructions on doing that.

If you’ve logged into a good wi-fi network at home or work, just wait. The update will eventually arrive. You are currently unable to force the car to check for a software update. One of these months/years/decades, that will be a newly added feature.
WiFi is not needed. I just got today’s update in less than 10 minutes with 2bars from Verizon.

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
Something big must be coming....
Not necessarily, it could easily just mean they haven't done anything recently that is update worthy.

I'm also sitting on v48.12. Received that version soon after New Years but nothing since.

Shouldn't the mobile app receive an alert indicating that a new version is available even if the car is not on Wi-Fi?
The car will get the updates pushed to it from Tesla based on whatever schedule and criteria they have set up regardless of wifi or not - although there is some anecdotal evidence that being on wifi will get them to you sooner. Once the car has an update ready to install it alerts the owner through the app on the phone.

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44

If you're near a Service Center, you could connect to their WiFi and many reported success getting a push this way. Not sure how you would have to sit there and wait though. If you already have Navigation on auto pilot and the fart app, you're not missing anything major unless you have a lot of issues with the charge port in extreme cold weather.

You can't force the car to update, or check in for an update, yourself. But it should have been up to date when you took delivery. Since it seems like it wasn't, you can call the Service Center and they can force the update to your car. You don't want to abuse that option too much, but seeing as you just took delivery, I think once is OK.

Thanks folks. I already did set up WiFi in the garage at home, it's had a few nights of connectivity. I do not have the "fart app", I do have the "more cowbell" and "santa" apps, as well as some Atari games. It WILL navigate on auto pilot (a better feature than the above mentioned ones!). No extreme cold yet, but Denver will get colder soon...

I'll play the waiting game, and I'm sure it'll come. At 2018.46.5 it just seems like I'm at least 2 revisions behind everyone else, and I would have thought that the service center would ensure the latest version at delivery.