Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated my model Y dash trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did this today too, using Tesmanian’s dash and center console in Matte Black finish.

A805F67C-054F-4845-B3BF-DBDE75CE1518.jpeg
B36A9C4C-EF27-4B47-B0FB-DB401E24A9E6.jpeg
5E55413A-8135-4FDA-9455-405BEDD89EEA.jpeg

Scott Fairchild: THIS older folk likes woodgrain trim, but only when it's finished. The Tesla Model Y woodgrain needs some sanding and a good teak oil treatment.

I'm not crazy about the white dash in our interior, but I'm getting used to it.

Reactions: MelGeek
Scott Fairchild: THIS older folk likes woodgrain trim, but only when it's finished. The Tesla Model Y woodgrain needs some sanding and a good teak oil treatment.

I'm not crazy about the white dash in our interior, but I'm getting used to it.

Agree. It is also a shame they don't offer the cream beige in the Model Y. For the first time in my life I ordered Black interior. Wasn't about to order white and never wear blue jeans because of the rub off. I find the black really shows crumbs and dust in the cracks and requires a lot of vacuuming. All a trade off.

Was thinking of ordering the white and driving naked, but that poses it's own set of problems.

BTW, DID YOU KNOW???

If you give the VOICE COMMAND, "My balls are cold." Tessie turns on the seat heater. Now 30 of you are on your way to the garage to try it. You'll see. I'm right. Don't tell your wife, tho. My wife felt slighted.

It's an open-pore wood grain finish and suppose to look and feel like that. I guess you could pull it out and change the finish yourself. Wouldn't be too hard since it's a single piece, for North American Model Ys.