Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[updated with *] P85D 691HP should have an asterisk * next to it.. "Up to 691HP"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't matter that Tesla mislead or used false advertising. The defenders will defend Tesla to the death, as it has been written in their sacred text: "In Elon We Trust." :p

On a more serious note, congratulations Norway owners. Very glad you've been compensated for this. I seriously hope this helps shine a light on the misleading of the rest of the world's P85D buyers so that something can be done here and elsewhere as well.

Tesla simply needs to stop making up numbers. They're still doing it, and they haven't learned. People need to actually hold them accountable for misleading customers on specifications instead of making excuses for them. Otherwise they're going to continue to do it and continue to get away with it.

It doesn't matter that Tesla mislead or used false advertising. The defenders will defend Tesla to the death, as it has been written in their sacred text: "In Elon We Trust." :p

On a more serious note, congratulations Norway owners. Very glad you've been compensated for this. I seriously hope this helps shine a light on the misleading of the rest of the world's P85D buyers so that something can be done here and elsewhere as well.

Tesla simply needs to stop making up numbers. They're still doing it, and they haven't learned. People need to actually hold them accountable for misleading customers on specifications instead of making excuses for them. Otherwise they're going to continue to do it and continue to get away with it.

Why do you say they lying about it? Are the EPA range numbers shown on the order site inaccurate? They don't even specify a battery kwh capacity, and so I don't think they could be lying about that.

I suppose it's reasonable for people to assume that the model# is indicative of the battery capacity, and to some degree it is. But I've certainly never assumed that it was more than a marketing model#. The EPA range is what matters.

@sandpiper - I'm confused, what does kWh behind the number mean?
Skærmbillede 2016-12-12 kl. 21.01.33.png

u so funny P85
If its real, go sue.
Someone complains, Tesla settles.
No. No.
I meant, it is only real if you sue in my back yard.
Nuther zip code don't count.

126 people half a world away get promised $7600.00 if they'll simply "go away", with no admission of wrongdoing or guilt by Tesla. And the $7600.00 is not necessarily in cash, but might be in merchandise which would cost Tesla considerably less than $7600.00.

I've seen people around here get that much in food stamps, section 8 housing, and welfare checks.

Wake me when something actually happens with this gripe, instead of Tesla throwing 10.5 dozen people crumbs so that they can go away.

Whole thing will cost Tesla $967,000.00 and some change.

And who will they/have they, passed that cost along to?

That's right. Some of the main ones in here griping in this thread but who then turned right back around and gave Tesla more of their money for Ludicrous upgrades and in some cases new Tesla merchandise, deposits and vehicles.

Wake me when Tesla actually takes a real hit for the subject matter discussed in this thread. Because in the midst and meantime of this thread's life, Tesla has raised around $700 million USD in Model 3 deposits while this "horsepower crisis" in here has been playing out. And I hear that work on the gigafactory is moving right along too.

Zzzz.......Zzzz......

Last edited:
So its not material but you are outraged that "We" are going to get the loss passed along to us?
Huh?
That sounds a bit like spend and raise the debt cake and eat it too logic (seeing as you apparently have some political views I figured it would be best to couch my response in language you understand).

So its not material but you are outraged that "We" are going to get the loss passed along to us?
Huh?
That sounds a bit like spend and raise the debt cake and eat it too logic (seeing as you apparently have some political views I figured it would be best to couch my response in language you understand).

I appreciate the consideration and will couch my response to you in language which you should be able to understand as well.

Hardly outraged. Just amused at the irony that many of you who've indeed been "outraged" and carrying on over this matter have "already" helped offset some of that 960 grand that Tesla is paying these folks to go away.

And also amused to see that Tesla has not made any admission of wrongdoing, as a settlement is no admission of wrongdoing, but some in here seem to be excited about this "development ", if paying off 10 dozen people, or offering them merchandise to simply go away, after those same people have covered their own legal bills, can be called such.

When Tesla gets dinged in a manner even approaching that in which Volkswagen recently got hit, then this subject matter and all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth over it, might have been proportionate.

But until then, it remains much ado and uproar, at least in here anyway and nowhere else, about nothing.

960 grand to make to put a stop to this nonsense, is peanuts. I've seen accidents settled for more than that.

And I don't mind paying my share of it.....especially if you did too.

Wake me when something significant other than 10 dozen people being offered 4 figures in cash or merchandise after paying their own freight to bring that about, and actually attention worthy on this matter happens.

Last edited:
Tesla could get hit VW style over a variety of issues. Let's take for one how shitty the trip meter is. Wildly underestimating your consumption is bad. I used to think it was just poorly implemented, but now I think it's done on purpose. There's wild over estimation or reporting in many other aspects of the car. Just wait until they have a 200k+ of $35k cars sold. All the techies who couldn't or wouldn't pay for a Model S class car are going to get them. It's not going to go over well.

• Funny
Reactions: P85DEE and lunitiks
Tesla couldget hit VW style over a variety of issues. Let's take for one how shitty the trip meter is. Wildly underestimating your consumption is bad. I used to think it was just poorly implemented, but now I think it's done on purpose. There's wild over estimation or reporting in many other aspects of the car. Just wait until they have a 200k+ of $35k cars sold. All the techies who couldn't or wouldn't pay for a Model S class car are going to get them. It's not going to go over well.

I appreciate and respect the prediction.

Well, if/when they do,it then we will revisit that discussion.

But with regard to predictions, who do you have in the Super Bowl?

soooooooooooooooooo stubborn.... you just lost all your arguments and you're still going....

Now how are you going to know to wake me, with your head in the sand?

Like I said, wake me when something happens in the U.S. :D

Never mind, you're probably right to maintain your position, as nothing is likely to happen with regard to this in the U.S. anyway. :D

soooooooooooooooooo stubborn.... you just lost all your arguments and you're still going....

I'm curious. Which arguments are you referring to specifically?

The "money" they're offering to get these few dozen people to go away, would barely cover the purchase price of 7 fully loaded P100Ds like the one you bought.

And it's not all even "money". Some of it is merchandise which is already in inventory.

When Tesla is actually penalized to anything which would even resemble significant degree, even flirt with anything which could reasonably be mistaken for a real penalty, for no other reason than because a few people didn't look closely enough at, or actually equated "Horsepower motor power" with "SAE Certified Horsepower" well then let me know.

But as long as they have a few of you in here actually thinking that what you're observing here is significant and amounts to anything more than a hill of beans, well then they've gone a long way towards doing exactly what they wanted to do.

Which was make this whole matter go away for as cheaply as possible and as quietly as possible.

Kudos to them for succeeding in that.

Google Translate

"Alternatively, owners can choose between six other solutions, which include upgrading the cars faster acceleration, a new wheel package or credit purchases.

The settlement means as well that the parties bear their own legal costs, the newspaper said."

Damn. A new wheel package. I'll bet that will learn 'em. They won't mess with you guys anymore after that.

Had it just been a set of tires, or even spin balancing or Roadforce balancing their current tires it wouldn't have been so bad.

But a new wheels and tire setup for up to 10 dozen cars,..... well, that's a thrashing that they won't soon recover from. That's a "statement" right there. ..... I'll bet that they straighten up and fly right after this thumping. Yessiree Bob. They might not even be able to keep the lights on around there after this huge setback . :D

"And the settlement means as well the parties bear their own legal cost."

Let's see. You holler that you've been screwed, but then you get to pay out of your own pocket to get a settlement that is a pittance compared to what you were seeking.

Yeah, I can see how that makes sense.

Yeah, Tesla lost big because of this matter And it's discussion in this thread.

Why, this outcome, reminds me of another outcome from days past.

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-07-30/sports/sp-18643_1_jury-finds-nfl-guilty

Last edited:
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
P85DEE you're literally killing Tesla. These issues should have been addressed years ago, instead the problem keeps snowballing, thanks to apologetics like you. There needs to be a consistent message to Tesla about what is acceptable and what is not.

And we're just the ones to send them that message, right?

Just the ones to teach them a lesson and show them the error of their ways through badmouthing them on a Tesla centric forum.

lol.

Just how am I "killing" Tesla? How do you arrive at this line of reasoning?

What, is it because I don't agree that there was a deliberate attempt to mislead people on this matter?

BTW, before we go any further you do know that a settlement is not an admission of guilt, yes?

And no, this matter isn't "snowballing", anywhere, indeed arguably not even in here any more.

Part of the reason being that the car, the P85D is heading into 2yrs out of production now, and life goes on, and also because other matters Tesla have been in the headlines which are more of an influence on, and interest to, the general public, and yes, Wall Street, than any mixup among a mere handful of consumers between SAE Certified horsepower and horsepower motor power.

Yeah, right. I'm killing Tesla. I don't think I've seen so much piling on and so many accusations made by actual owners of any other product that I can think of.

Last edited:
Why not file a Class Action Lawsuit?

Because those arguing this, probably already know that only the lawyers will benefit from such an effort.

But I have to say though that even here I may be giving too much credit.

A settlement appears, at least in the eyes of a couple of the respondents so far, to be an admission of guilt or an admonishment by the court.

Typically when you settle a civil matter, you're basically saying; "I am not guilty of this which I am being accused. However because of the expense in time and money that it would take to properly defend myself, and the outright uncertainty of any trial outcome, plus the stress, delays and the requirements for me to devote to my defense which would prevent me from going about my daily and lawful activities, and the advantage of finality of the settlement process vs a trial outcome, it is better for me to use the resources that I have to put this matter behind me and settle it, even though I admit no guilt nor culpability in this matter.

It will cost more in the aforementioned resources to win at trial than that which I'm offering in a settlement. And even then, after going to the effort, the court ruling could go against me, on which case I'd have to decide on whether or. It to appeal it and absorb the associated expense involved in that, or even if for me, only to have my opponent appeal that ruling and drag me through this again."

No, this latest "development", isn't any development at all.

This was a nuisance suit, brought by a handful of people, that Tesla smartly decided to make go away and for a small amount.

Last edited: