Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade from SR to SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hmm so $2k for AP+5K for rest? or 5K all in?

The SR to SR+ upgrade is $5k, based on the original difference in price between the 2 ($35k vs $39,990).
The AP upgrade is $3k (it was on sale last summer for $2k).
If you already did the AP upgrade, some have gotten the remainder of the upgrade for $2k .. this includes range, acceleration, and stereo.

By the sounds of it you cannot get the $2k range/acceleration/sound upgrade without having done the AP upgrade.

The SR to SR+ upgrade is $5k, based on the original difference in price between the 2 ($35k vs $39,990).
The AP upgrade is $3k (it was on sale last summer for $2k).
If you already did the AP upgrade, some have gotten the remainder of the upgrade for $2k .. this includes range, acceleration, and stereo.

By the sounds of it you cannot get the $2k range/acceleration/sound upgrade without having done the AP upgrade.

If you purchased the Autopilot on sale last summer for $2k, I wonder what they would have charged for the remaining upgrade (range/power/stereo)? I wouldn't be surprised if they priced the remaining upgrade for $3k. I just have a feeling they are going to get you for $5k regardless, one way or another.

I know this is an old thread but I'm curious if anyone has any further knowledge or updates. We bought a used 2019 M3 SR back in March while waiting on my 22 LR order (delivery is Sat!!!) and have decided to keep the 19 SR as long as gas prices are stupid for in-laws, friends, etc to drive while in town. I'd be interested in getting those 20 more miles of range but not for $5k.

Reactions: driver7 and vickh