Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded To OEM Performance Brakes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not looking bad and I'm all for function. It looks like Batman got side kick in the head :) Might look different on a wheel, though. Anyway, I'm glad we getting more choices now, so share your experience, please.

i will for sure ! As soon as my rear will also install (370x22mm rotor ) I will make some test 60-0 , to see if we have a big difference, and also the fading ! I will probably put the MPP bracket , I am in Canada so maybe more easy to contact Sacha and have one for testing :D

Will see , stay tuned

Reactions: Skione65
i will for sure ! As soon as my rear will also install (370x22mm rotor ) I will make some test 60-0 , to see if we have a big difference, and also the fading ! I will probably put the MPP bracket , I am in Canada so maybe more easy to contact Sacha and have one for testing :D

Will see , stay tuned
Skip 60-0, they won't be any different.

It's not a track caliper as well, so don't overdo fade test - boots would melt, paint will darken. More about installation, pedal feel, stopping force from pedal pressure, choice of pads, looks. Some track testing if you can team up with somebody on stock brakes to see how long they will survive.

87598921-64DE-43FD-A257-65C1DEDD0F0D.jpeg
Skip 60-0, they won't be any different.

It's not a track caliper as well, so don't overdo fade test - boots would melt, paint will darken. More about installation, pedal feel, stopping force from pedal pressure, choice of pads, looks. Some track testing if you can team up with somebody on stock brakes to see how long they will survive.
My old gt6 set up was way more efficient Than the stock performance model and less distance stopping . 380x34 is way bigger that stock

View attachment 563702
My old gt6 set up was way more efficient Than the stock performance model and less distance stopping . 380x34 is way bigger that stock
There are few "brakes don't stop - only tires stop" warriors here. So should be careful about that - they disrupt any thread. But I understand you're talking about less effort to have higher brake torque. Rotor size only influences brake fade as well, but then Tesla is not fade resistant in stock.

There are few "brakes don't stop - only tires stop" warriors here. So should be careful about that - they disrupt any thread. But I understand you're talking about less effort to have higher brake torque. Rotor size only influences brake fade as well, but then Tesla is not fade resistant in stock.

That's me lol. And I have telemetry data to back it up as well. The shorter distance that you're seeing is probably more aggressive pads and rotor face so the initial bite is higher. Having a more solid pedal feel also help you to achieve threshold braking easier and that does help slow down the car more. Stock oem pads don't have enough initial bite or feel for rapid slow down but a simple pad upgrade will help a lot. BBK with larger/thicker rotors helps with heat ejection and consistency lap after lap.

BTW, are the rear rotors from Brembo? it looks a bit different.

That's me lol. And I have telemetry data to back it up as well. The shorter distance that you're seeing is probably more aggressive pads and rotor face so the initial bite is higher. Having a more solid pedal feel also help you to achieve threshold braking easier and that does help slow down the car more. Stock oem pads don't have enough initial bite or feel for rapid slow down but a simple pad upgrade will help a lot. BBK with larger/thicker rotors helps with heat ejection and consistency lap after lap.

BTW, are the rear rotors from Brembo? it looks a bit different.

the rear rotor are not from brembo no !

• Informative
Reactions: mcbarnet007
Here are some pictures of the Rotora Kit. I finally got them installed but i haven't had the time to take any pictures with them on the car.

Rotora Super Challenge Kit - Forged Caliper with titanium Pistons, anti-knockback springs.
Fronts 6 pison with 2 pc rotor 380mm x 32
Rears 4 Piston with 2 pc rotor 350mm x 29mm - retains factory parking brake.

Attachments

• front-1.jpg
    front-1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 150
  • front-2.jpg
    front-2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 137
  • front-3.jpg
    front-3.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 135
  • front-4.jpg
    front-4.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 123
  • front-5.jpg
    front-5.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 128
  • front-6.jpg
    front-6.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 126
  • front-7.jpg
    front-7.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 123
  • front-8.jpg
    front-8.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 123
  • front-9.jpg
    front-9.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 119
  • front-10.jpg
    front-10.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 132
Rear Pictures

Attachments

• rear-1.jpg
    rear-1.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 129
  • rear-2.jpg
    rear-2.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 120
  • rear-3.jpg
    rear-3.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 122
  • rear-4.jpg
    rear-4.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 113
  • rear-6.jpg
    rear-6.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 124
  • rear-5.jpg
    rear-5.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 115
  • rear-7.jpg
    rear-7.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 109
  • rear-8.jpg
    rear-8.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 119
  • rear-9.jpg
    rear-9.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 106
  • rear-10.jpg
    rear-10.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 111
Finally released eh? Been under wraps for awhile now. So the parking brake isn’t built into the caliper like brembo. Pricing?

The super challenge kit list price 4495.00 per axle

Street challenge kit list price 3395. Per axle.

No, parking brake is an external unit that uses the stock EPB motor. It works really well.

like brembo, you mean the tesla Pup caliper made by brembo, correct? Brembo doesn’t make a BBK with integrated parking brake for the rear. I wish they did though.