Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upset that Tesla screwed customers who took delivery in the last few months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
32k loss is worse than my 20k. Elon musk killed his brand over night and will scare all future buyers away with such drastic decision making. It’s just starting to hit the new now.

I'm dumb what does NN mean in this context?
Neural Network. FSD has been running off Vision but will be moving to the Neural Network aka the artificial intelligence processors. Under Vision it can be thought of as programming language, sliders etc do this if this or that. Under the NN, AI will decide the best route or maneuver, etc etc and it's gonna control the whole car fwiw. It's pretty huge.

• Informative
Reactions: flgatorfan
I think it’s funny that so many people placed orders and held them for months and months, even over a year to keep the price locked in. When Tesla raised prices, they didn’t go back and increase these buyers cars. No, they honored the lower price. Now Tesla has lowered prices and people are complaining? Sorry you and I bought when the cars were higher priced. But that’s just life. Buy a TV this week and next week it might be half price. Too bad.

I think it’s funny that so many people placed orders and held them for months and months, even over a year to keep the price locked in. When Tesla raised prices, they didn’t go back and increase these buyers cars. No, they honored the lower price. Now Tesla has lowered prices and people are complaining? Sorry you and I bought when the cars were higher priced. But that’s just life. Buy a TV this week and next week it might be half price. Too bad.
I’ll return the tv and get it at half price. Almost every retailer has return and price guarantee policy. Don’t compare apples to oranges.

Neural Network. FSD has been running off Vision but will be moving to the Neural Network aka the artificial intelligence processors. Under Vision it can be thought of as programming language, sliders etc do this if this or that. Under the NN, AI will decide the best route or maneuver, etc etc and it's gonna control the whole car fwiw. It's pretty huge.

With respect to Elon's tweets; fool me once shame on me fool me 15,000 times shame on you. I'm more confident in what the onion says than him.

What if the TV is already 3 months old ? apples to apples?
It’s game over for all these other OEMs trying to compete in the EV world they won’t be able to match what Tesla is doing
Why should I give a damn about other companies and if they’re trying to compete. I’m not team Tesla, I’m not team other OEM. I’m team Me. I’m team my finances. I have 0 care if Tesla is “out competing” other companies. At the end of the day, there is a inferred residual value to a large purchase like a car with an expected depreciation curve. Tesla screwed over anyone by deceptively hiding their mark ups. Stop trying to tell people we’re wrong to feel a certain way about being upside down in a car that is anywhere from 3 days to 6 Months old. It’s just callous. If you are tired of seeing people bitch, don’t open the thread!

With Tesla doing large price drops on their new cars how much value loss is on the Teslas people already own? Has trade in values crashed? How much is a Model 3 or Y worth on the used market right now? Will we see more repossessions due to people walking away from high car payments since their vehicle is worth way less than it was a month ago?

With Tesla doing large price drops on their new cars how much value loss is on the Teslas people already own? Has trade in values crashed? How much is a Model 3 or Y worth on the used market right now? Will we see more repossessions due to people walking away from high car payments since their vehicle is worth way less than it was a month ago?
The market was crashing already. We're entering a recessionary period, this is when companies with pricing power can lower prices because recession. If those who bought cars to flip in a year... they made the wrong decision as the whole market is cratering. Buying at the high...

Reactions: FLRifleman
Why should I give a damn about other companies and if they’re trying to compete. I’m not team Tesla, I’m not team other OEM. I’m team Me. I’m team my finances. I have 0 care if Tesla is “out competing” other companies. At the end of the day, there is an inferred residual value to a large purchase like a car with an expected depreciation curve. Tesla screwed over anyone by deceptively hiding their mark ups. Stop trying to tell people we’re wrong to feel a certain way about being upside down in a car that is anywhere from 3 days to 6 Months old. It’s just callous. If you are tired of seeing people bitch, don’t open the thread!
“Deceptively hiding their mark ups“. Are you saying you missed the Hundreds of articles and news segments on Tesla’s margins? Really? lol. In fact they have stated publicly with their high margins they could and will likely use that margin power to offset economy worries and competition. Not really a hidden secret unless you had your eyes closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.