Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upset that Tesla screwed customers who took delivery in the last few months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a mug, thermos and stickers and I didn’t even buy a Tesla. I just went in with a friend while he was buying a mobile charger.
Now I'm actually really pissed. They got me overpaying by thousands AND I didn't get ANY swag.

Lose/Lose/Lose

I won't be buying a lottery ticket for a long while after this.

I paid about 70k I believe for my '21 MYP a little over a year ago. I'm not too upset since I got over a year of enjoyment out of it but I had factored resale value when deciding to go with the MYP. I usually keep my car for about 5 years and I was hoping to recoup at least 40-50k when it came time to upgrade. Similar to why many people choose a Camry or Accord since they have great resale value.

• Funny
Reactions: thesmokingman
I paid about 70k I believe for my '21 MYP a little over a year ago. I'm not too upset since I got over a year of enjoyment out of it but I had factored resale value when deciding to go with the MYP. I usually keep my car for about 5 years and I was hoping to recoup at least 40-50k when it came time to upgrade. Similar to why many people choose a Camry or Accord since they have great resale value.
A 71% residual value after 5 year, one year fully out of warranty?

That’s beyond optimistic.

This is not true, they're eligible for the full $7,500 tax credit now. But they're still eligible for the $3,750 tax credit after March until they get they start mining their battery material domestically. I don't think it's temporary.
I think retaining the $3750 credit for the “battery component” half is a likely outcome, but we’ll see in march. Until the treasury issues its guidance and tesla confirms, anything else is speculation. While we generally know that (most) of tesla’s vehicle batteries (except the LFP pack) are assembled in the US, I have no clue what tesla’s component supply chain looks like and if it will be eligible for the credit as it stands today or not.

Hi guys, read thru all the posts, have not seen any good solution to get back our loss. How about we buy another Tesla with low price now, average out the loss. At least we can cut our loss in half. What do you all think?
That will work.
My plan is to just keep the car for 5+ years (that was always my plan) so by then I won't even think about it when selling/trading in on some new car.

Hi guys, read thru all the posts, have not seen any good solution to get back our loss. How about we buy another Tesla with low price now, average out the loss. At least we can cut our loss in half. What do you all think?
It's like stock, you don't have a loss 'til you sell. Probably won't go UP though! (didn't say it was a GOOD stock... ;))

That’s because you’re not in the affected class of people so clearly you’re just being heartless.

September was a 2022 model and November was a 2023 model. And time does matter here. As for those improvements, again it shows you bought early so your product and situation is different from mine and the other November or December buyers. If anything Tesla degraded the 2023 product by also removing USS (this risk I accepted because they clearly communicated it) so there is zero goodwill from me because all they’ve done is screw customers on price and replaced real features with promises that they may or may not keep.

If you want to establish a fair cut off? 30 days? That’s a standard return window for most companies to not have this sort of outrage. 60 days if they truly cared about their customers. 14 days if they want to do the absolute minimum. 0 days is how you get everyone to hate you.
Which car companies have a 30 day return policy? Can’t seem to remember….

Status
Not open for further replies.