Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USA MY RWD has soft limited LR battery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That may have been their intention, but the last batch of US MY RWDs seem to have all that. However, though the fog lights are installed and hooked up, they aren't controllable through the screen. I'm hoping to gain access to them with the s3xy buttons.
Yep…the MY seems very much like a LR minus one motor. I’m hoping the S3XY dial will unlock the fog lights on my RWD M3 too. Unfortunately, if I want the included speakers to work, I’m going to have to pop a lot of panels.

Reactions: Technokrat
I did some calculation of my MY RWD battery capacity based on the Energy app data. At 77% battery, it showed a projected range of 239 miles based on the average of 223 Wh/mi.

At 100% battery, the range would be 310 miles.
223 * 310 = 69.216 kWh.

Any thoughts?
I pick mine up the same day as you, and I notice my car have is charged 99%.
for your calculation which Kwh number did you choose from enengy, there are 5 15 or 30?

That may have been their intention, but the last batch of US MY RWDs seem to have all that. However, though the fog lights are installed and hooked up, they aren't controllable through the screen. I'm hoping to gain access to them with the s3xy buttons.
Wow, that's indeed great and a great value :)
Canadian MY SR comes with 60kwh LFP battery vs US version's 78kwh (software locked to 70kwh) NCM battery.
Yes and additionally Canadian MYs are still HW3 🤦‍♂️

Interestingly the 2024 MY LR and Performance have had their range ratings reduced from 330 to 310 and 303 to 285. That reduction is about what you expect if you switched from an 82kWh battery to a 77-78kWh battery. Wonder if the 2023 MY RWD is using the same batteries as the 2024 MYs.

Interestingly the 2024 MY LR and Performance have had their range ratings reduced from 330 to 310 and 303 to 285. That reduction is about what you expect if you switched from an 82kWh battery to a 77-78kWh battery. Wonder if the 2023 MY RWD is using the same batteries as the 2024 MYs.
Reports are that it is just a change in EPA testing procedures that starts for 2024 Model Year vehicles.

Reactions: AAKEE and jsight
Reports are that it is just a change in EPA testing procedures that starts for 2024 Model Year vehicles.

That seems like a good thing as that would make the range estimates more realistic. Perhaps they haven't updated it yet, but the RWD is still listed as 260 miles. That is actually the range I'm seeing so far - my average consumption has been around 270Wh/m which would be about 260 miles with 70kWh.

When did the RWD shed 2k lbs?

Attachments

• IMG_9832.png
    IMG_9832.png
    426.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9833.png
    IMG_9833.png
    427.6 KB · Views: 44