Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USA MY RWD has soft limited LR battery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oddly specific - what's your source?

I finally supercharged by '23 MY RWD over the weekend. Started at 17% SOC. It popped up to 233 kW very quickly, but didn't hold it long. It settled into a slow taper ending around 160 kW. In total, I added 28 kWh in about 9 minutes (average: ~186 kW). I'm happy with this.

They advertised a max rate of 170 kW for the 2023 Y RWD too
With the 2023 Model Y, Tesla clearly under specced the car…eventually someone on this board will get a 2024 and we’ll see if they continued doing so. I had to drive to our corp HQ today from my house. All told, the trip was 99 miles (house to office, office to my son’s school, his school back home). Most the trip (> 80 miles) was highway with AC on and TACC set to 75 (occasionally 80 when traffic started moving though I did hit pockets of traffic too) in light/moderate rain. For the trip, I used 23 kWh. We know that usable pack on the 2023 RWD is just a hair under 70 kWh. Based on that, it looks like my real world range is 297 miles…10% over the EPA rating (which is generally an overestimation).

They advertised a max rate of 170 kW for the 2023 Y RWD too
Past performance is not indicative of future results ;)

The 2023 RWD, in my opinion, was clearly rushed to market before they had originally planned to stimulate sales. They hacked it together with parts on hand, slapped on a software lock, and sold what they could.

The 2024s seem to be what they intended to sell all along, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they perform much closer to advertised specs than the 2023s do.

Past performance is not indicative of future results ;)

The 2023 RWD, in my opinion, was clearly rushed to market before they had originally planned to stimulate sales. They hacked it together with parts on hand, slapped on a software lock, and sold what they could.

The 2024s seem to be what they intended to sell all along, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they perform much closer to advertised specs than the 2023s do.
Can we say that the Dec built 2023 RWD is better than 2024 RWD? Better battery capacity and premium audio.

Reactions: mborkow
They rarely seem to hit that 82kWh mark though.
Yes, most begin around 80.5-81.

I had 81.6kWh nominal full pack and 82.0 nomimal remaining as the top mark.
IMG_7564.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: RVAC and jsight