Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Game Controllers confirmed to work (at least with Teslatari games)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I’m done buying controllers, after two, hoping to get lucky. I will now wait until someone confirms a well working pad or controller, since Tesla refuses to. That is, if one even exists.

Not sure if you found a good controller but Tesla Bjorn just did a video on the best controller and he shows it working in action in all of the games. Look him up. The controller he bought is this one: PowerA Pro EX for Xbox One. Product number: 1505660-01

Last edited:
I tried an XBox One controller connected via USB cable (no batteries) and it worked fine. I bought a play and charge kit for the XBox controller a while back but the battery crapped out quickly because I don't use it that often. But it came with a really long, really nice, USB cable so that's what I'm using. I had an extra couple of XBox controllers lying around because I bought a couple of Elite controllers last year when they were on sale at MonoPrice so I still have the original controller that came with both XBoxes.

• Helpful
Reactions: PhantmMenace
Was somewhat disappointed to find that standard keyboard input can't be used like in a typical MAME implementation. I have console with multiple joysticks (robotron, etc) and microswitch buttons (astroids, etc) with an IPAC 2 mapper which can map any joystick direction or button to any keyboard key. Very popular for MAME cabinet builds.

Does anyone know of any mappable controllers that will output a compatible HID format for the USB interface for the MCU2?