Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of selling my S and getting a used M3, I have seen a few lately and wanted to get yalls opinion on pricing.

2018 LR M3 $49,000
EAP
13,000 Miles
White with Black interior

2018 LR AWD M3 $52,000
EAP
3500 Miles
Black with White Interior

When comparing to new MSRP they are priced well but there are so few used ones to compare too.

Thinking of selling my S and getting a used M3, I have seen a few lately and wanted to get yalls opinion on pricing.

2018 LR M3 $49,000
EAP
13,000 Miles
White with Black interior

2018 LR AWD M3 $52,000
EAP
3500 Miles

When comparing to new MSRP they are priced well but there are so few used ones to compare too.

Is this just a matter of not wanting to wait on getting a new one? Because the price is about the same.

New dual-motor black/white w/EAP is $57,000 now and $53,500 or so after tax credit. Not sure that getting a used car with thousands of miles on the clock is worth saving $1,000. You will also be missing out on any improvements Tesla is doing on current production builds vs ones they did 3-4 months ago.

Is this just a matter of not wanting to wait on getting a new one? Because the price is about the same.

New dual-motor black/white w/EAP is $57,000 now and $53,500 or so after tax credit. Not sure that getting a used car with thousands of miles on the clock is worth saving $1,000. You will also be missing out on any improvements Tesla is doing on current production builds vs ones they did 3-4 months ago.
More so not wanting to pay 5k in sales tax lol. At $58,500 plus taxes it’s closer to $62-63. If I get a slightly used one it saves me about 8-14k.

In AZ private party sales dont require sales taxe to be paid when the vehicle is registered.

Interesting. That’s not the experience in many/most other states in the US. Yep, you could save a little bit by buying used from a private party if you register it in AZ. I did read one place that you’re supposed to report the purchase on your income taxes, just like you do for all your internet purchases that don’t include sales tax.

I dunno those prices seem high to me.

I have a P3D- with a full car xpel stealth wrap, painted brakes with 1800 miles on it and I doubt I could get 60?

If he doesn't pay sales tax then he's saving around $4,000 which isn't shabby. I'd still rather have the newer build car since Tesla is making continued improvements. If ordered today it's even possible that AP3 hardware would come standard if the car was delivered in 2-3 months time.

If he doesn't pay sales tax then he's saving around $4,000 which isn't shabby. I'd still rather have the newer build car since Tesla is making continued improvements. If ordered today it's even possible that AP3 hardware would come standard if the car was delivered in 2-3 months time.

I don’t understand why people who didn’t pay for FSD are getting tight in the pants over AP3. If you don’t have FSD, it’s not going to benefit you. If you have FSD, it’ll be upgraded in your car. The only potential benefit is that if you ARE buying FSD you MIGHT get it sooner but you also very well might pay a hell of a lot more for it.

2018 LR AWD M3 $52,000
EAP
3500 Miles

This person most likely paid $59,500 less $7,500 so they are looking to get what they paid. It should come with the lifetime of Premium Connectivity.

I would sell my Blue AWD ($60,500) and buy the same if I could get $53,000 for it. I would lose about $3k and Premium Connectivity but get a newer build.

I don’t understand why people who didn’t pay for FSD are getting tight in the pants over AP3. If you don’t have FSD, it’s not going to benefit you. If you have FSD, it’ll be upgraded in your car. The only potential benefit is that if you ARE buying FSD you MIGHT get it sooner but you also very well might pay a hell of a lot more for it.

I'm not getting "tight in the pants". If you think that the improvements in AP3 hardware will only be of benefit to those who buy FSD... well

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Chancellor32
2018 LR AWD M3 $52,000
EAP
3500 Miles

This person most likely paid $59,500 less $7,500 so they are looking to get what they paid. It should come with the lifetime of Premium Connectivity.

I would sell my Blue AWD ($60,500) and buy the same if I could get $53,000 for it. I would lose about $3k and Premium Connectivity but get a newer build.

Is it known that lifetime connectivity goes with the car and not the account? I would think that a new owner would have to pay the monthly fee after the one year included is up.

Basically thats what im looking to do lol. Save 4k and get a car that has depreciated a bit already. I think these prices are OK but wondering if I waited a few more months if the cars value wouldnt depreciate a little more by mid year.