Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Useful Instavolt site for accessing top corner of Wales (A5)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

arg

Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Just happened to stumble across this site at the weekend and thought I'd highlight it as Wales has long been one of the most tricky places to go, with just a handful of single or double-stall sites that don't give confidence.

This new Instavolt location has 8 stalls of CCS @120kW in a carpark right on the A5 just after Corwen (and before the point where you turn left for Bala or carry on for Betws y Coed).

So close enough to likely destinations that you can just charge on the way in and out, with 8 stalls giving confidence on availability.

I can't confirm the quality of the juice as I was on my pushbike on this trip, but I suspect I'll be charging the Model S here sometime in the future....

Zap Map has it
3F72AF36-C83E-4735-9EA1-64184EC4D944.png

Zap Map has it

Indeed - I just thought it was worth a mention, as it doesn't immediately stand out from the handful of rather inferior sites that show up with the same kind of pin on Zap Map. You can filter for high power, but AFAIK there's no way to filter on Zap Map for large number of stalls - which is in many ways more important (single stall sites can easily be broken, ICEd, or have a queue that moves very slowly).

Indeed - I just thought it was worth a mention, as it doesn't immediately stand out from the handful of rather inferior sites that show up with the same kind of pin on Zap Map. You can filter for high power, but AFAIK there's no way to filter on Zap Map for large number of stalls - which is in many ways more important (single stall sites can easily be broken, ICEd, or have a queue that moves very slowly).
I have noticed this also. Its annoying. ABRP does have this feature for navigation but not for just displaying on a map.
Not a problem really though for North Wales. Easy enough to memorise the location of all three decent charge locations. I.e. the two superchargers and this one :)

• Funny
Reactions: arg