Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re Bournemouth.

My “source” from the updates I made on the Tesla V4 thread at SpeakEV came from right here! 😂😂 post above from @jordan2907

Clearly” 8-10 weeks” was either wishful thinking or pure baloney. 🤣. I’ll shove em both on the back burner at SpeakEV.
The Bournemouth situation sounds identical to Glasgow to me - SC staff constantly being told by Tesla that the SuCs will come, but no clear timescale, over 3 years. Last November Glasgow also had some road dug up to lay some cabling, and when I checked with staff in February they said they expected work to begin at the end of the month - it eventually began in April. So Bournemouth SC may well also get its superchargers this year, but don't believe any timescale given!

@zexpe known Tesla-based EV Point sites (besides operational Uttoxeter) currently in construction:

Pedestals and cabinets installed, awaiting energisation:
  • EV Point, BP/Starbucks J39 on M1: 12 bays
  • EV Point, Saddle Services J2 on M55: 8 bays
  • EV Point, Wheatley Hills: 4 bays
Ground works progressing:
  • EV Point, Chapel-en-le-Frith: 4 bays
I believe there's also a site at a Starbucks in Buckshaw Village near J28 of the M6.

I guess if they are planning a rebrand that could well be the reason Warton doesn't have evpoint branding on the stalls.

Reactions: Sean.
I would have expected the main ferndown gold club would have the superchargers as that one is a premium club. However the location of the ferndown forest club does have advantages as it’s on the main A31 through road so makes sense.

I’ll try and have a peek down there soon next time I’m passing.
It's definitely Ferndown Forest and definitely superchargers.

398082804_10161804339527718_9126321479691235043_n.jpg

Reactions: The_Kilt and Sean.
I believe there's also a site at a Starbucks in Buckshaw Village near J28 of the M6.

I guess if they are planning a rebrand that could well be the reason Warton doesn't have evpoint branding on the stalls.
They have track for putting in Alpitronic HYC’s and then ripping them out before energisation.

Looks like this is what they’ll do there too, as these puppies in the photo definitely are *not* SuC posts…

Re supercharge.info, Glasgow will almost certainly be V4 as well.
Looks like that is updated now, though it shows the Abington expansion as V4, when I'd expect that to be V3, being a Welcome Break site.

Latest photos of Glasgow SC from yesterday don't show much progress in the build that began two months ago. Not clear yet whether it's V4 or V3.

There's a post on the Facebook groups of an EG Group EV Point site opened up at Warton (west of Preston), which not only uses Tesla v4 hardware, but it even says Tesla on the stalls! So watch out that future apparently Tesla sites may well be EG Group in disguise!!

Oh, and somebody has even posted a screenshot showing that their SC01 car got a free charge at the Uttoxeter EV Point chargers, which is interesting...
I’ve just charged at Warton and don’t appear to have been charged. Plugged in, charger said “monitor charge in car” on the contactless display and no price ever appeared in the car.

Thinking about it, it could have been 6. I didn’t count but it was more than 4. I was somewhat distracted.

I’d read about it on here but happened to be visiting friends who live in Warton, but on the way back a gas main had caught fire and the road was closed. So everyone was forced to divert via the country lanes. All was good until we met Mr T in his A Team van coming the other way (i’m not making this up, it really was a replica A Team van) , the van was very wide and we ended up in a big dip at the side of the road and scrapped the bottom of the car. Fortunately it must have just been the little plastic flap behind the front wheel as no damage, but I was more interested in looking under the car than counting chargers!

Anyway, free charge.

Reactions: Sean.
Thinking about it, it could have been 6. I didn’t count but it was more than 4. I was somewhat distracted.

I’d read about it on here but happened to be visiting friends who live in Warton, but on the way back a gas main had caught fire and the road was closed. So everyone was forced to divert via the country lanes. All was good until we met Mr T in his A Team van coming the other way (i’m not making this up, it really was a replica A Team van) , the van was very wide and we ended up in a big dip at the side of the road and scrapped the bottom of the car. Fortunately it must have just been the little plastic flap behind the front wheel as no damage, but I was more interested in looking under the car than counting chargers!

Anyway, free charge.
Fair enough. 6 would be kind of strange for them, but perhaps space limited. They’re otherwise building in the usual blocks of four Tesla design. So they have a 12 bay site off J39 on M1 and an 8 bay site of J2 on M55.

Fair enough. 6 would be kind of strange for them, but perhaps space limited. They’re otherwise building in the usual blocks of four Tesla design. So they have a 12 bay site off J39 on M1 and an 8 bay site of J2 on M55.
Again, there’s a photo on the Facebook group showing 6 bays. I’m not sure I can be bothered though to get everyone’s permissions to share them publicly and I’m not allowed to post them here without permission.

Again, there’s a photo on the Facebook group showing 6 bays. I’m not sure I can be bothered though to get everyone’s permissions to share them publicly and I’m not allowed to post them here without permission.
Yes, 6 with a Greggs and Starbucks just off a roundabout near Freckleton. Just stopped for a brew there.

There does look to be enough space next to the 6 for another 2. At the moment they are just decent sized parking spots.

Attachments

• IMG_2598.jpeg
    IMG_2598.jpeg
    742.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: