Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ferrybridge is already very well served - I've never seen it full there, and if it is there are Gridserve ones opposite. I wish they would do the long-missing places - Woodall North, Barnsley / Leeds area, Shap Northbound etc.
Ferrybridge can get busy these days, lots of people use it to hop scotch corner and Washington.

Presumably it’s being expanded for that reason and there is power available and those other sites aren’t being installed/expanded because there isn’t the power available.

Ferrybridge is already very well served - I've never seen it full there, and if it is there are Gridserve ones opposite. I wish they would do the long-missing places - Woodall North, Barnsley / Leeds area, Shap Northbound etc.
The new 10 stall V4 supercharger site at Annesley in Nottingham is an excellent substitution for Woodall. It is situated in a hotel with good food and coffee and a comfortable lounge. I stopped there yesterday and whilst I will miss crawling through the trucks to get to the bathroom in Woodall, I am putting a brave face on it. I think that it is only about 10 or 20 miles from Woodall.

Hi All,

A quick update from the new Rugby Junction 1 retail park Supercharger construction: the V4 cabinets have arrived! There’s 12 in total ready to be installed.

Crews have been working over the past few days installing additional ducting and cabling, looks like the cabinets arrived recently or were recently unboxed.

Confirmed also that they are Tesla cabinets, not another company using the V4’s with their name on it.

Exciting times! Hopefully it’ll show up on the map soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4700.jpeg
    IMG_4700.jpeg
    392.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4695.jpeg
    IMG_4695.jpeg
    476.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4696.jpeg
    IMG_4696.jpeg
    459.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4697.jpeg
    IMG_4697.jpeg
    503.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4698.jpeg
    IMG_4698.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4702.jpeg
    IMG_4702.jpeg
    447.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4703.jpeg
    IMG_4703.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4704.jpeg
    IMG_4704.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cezdoc and Sean.
Hi All,

A quick update from the Junction 1 Supercharger construction: the V4 cabinets have arrived! There’s 12 in total ready to be installed.

Crews have been working over the past few days installing additional ducting and cabling, looks like the cabinets arrived recently or were recently unboxed.

Confirmed also that they are Tesla cabinets, not another company using the V4’s with their name on it.

Exciting times! Hopefully it’ll show up on the map soon.
Which junction 1 ?

Reactions: Thunderbird1
Abington looks like it's going to remain closed for some time now. There's covers on all the old chargers and new supercharger hardware appears to have been delivered onsite, in this livestream video from yesterday (5m30s in):

Anyone any photos or updates about Abington? Be interesting to see what’s happening there! Can only assume removing the old V2’s and replacing with V3’s?
See my post above.

Great news for those of you keeping track! The Rugby Junction 1 Retail Park Superchargers have now been installed, all twelve of them! I like the layout of them being sideways, enables easier parking for Tesla’s and non-Tesla’s alike. Now just waiting for some parking lines to be drawn, a little asphalt patching, and removal of the construction units, ahead of the chargers being brought online. Hopefully that’ll happen soon™! Photos, as always, attached below.
IMG_4778.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4774.jpeg
    IMG_4774.jpeg
    676.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4775.jpeg
    IMG_4775.jpeg
    621.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4772.jpeg
    IMG_4772.jpeg
    455.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4785.jpeg
    IMG_4785.jpeg
    456.3 KB · Views: 7
I like the layout of them being sideways, enables easier parking for Tesla’s and non-Tesla’s alike.
Don't get too excited about this layout - I've seen plenty of people with charge ports on the opposite side of a Tesla complain that even with the V4 chargers the cable doesn't reach comfortably to the other side, so they just take the cable from the closest stall to their charge port - you then still end up with a sub-optimal mix of people using the stalls on either side of the bays - it works so much better when the stall is in the centre of the bay, so everyone knows which stall they are supposed to use.

Whilst it's nice seeing so much more capacity being added to the Midlands, I'm still stunned that currently there is only one Tesla supercharger site option on the long, hilly 175 mile stretch of the M6/M74 from Charnock Richard Northbound to Larkhall, Scotland, and that's Tebay Southbound.

Bets on what goes live first in that gap? Gretna Services, Gretna Retail Park, Abington Services, or Preston Holiday Inn?

Reactions: Overworked
Don't get too excited about this layout - I've seen plenty of people with charge ports on the opposite side of a Tesla complain that even with the V4 chargers the cable doesn't reach comfortably to the other side, so they just take the cable from the closest stall to their charge port - you then still end up with a sub-optimal mix of people using the stalls on either side of the bays - it works so much better when the stall is in the centre of the bay, so everyone knows which stall they are supposed to use.
Absolutely agree with this, they can also be behind a bump stop or above a curb so bit less likely someone will damage one when parking.

Whilst it's nice seeing so much more capacity being added to the Midlands, I'm still stunned that currently there is only one Tesla supercharger site option on the long, hilly 175 mile stretch of the M6/M74 from Charnock Richard Northbound to Larkhall, Scotland, and that's Tebay Southbound.

Bets on what goes live first in that gap? Gretna Services, Gretna Retail Park, Abington Services, or Preston Holiday Inn?
Going South is worse as Charnock isn’t a great option, so that’s a 193 mile stretch to Burtonwood Services.