Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using TM-Spy for iOS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apple is slow in reviewing so I don't think 0.6.57 is going to be released as status has changed back to "Processing".

However, I have uploaded 0.6.58 which is currently waiting for review.

Version 0.6.58 has reorganized screens. The Custom Screens are now on Screen 1 (left most) and all graphs are on screen 1 (right most) so only two swipe left/right screens. (There is a bug I just noticed on Screen 1 where the Dots in the lower left corner are not being updated to show screen 1 is active.)

When Model S/X is selected you have five graphs screens.
- Cell Voltage graph (was screen 1) which now only has the cell data with no information at the top. That will make collecting the Cell data go much faster and should avoid missing some. In a future release I will add a custom screen with most of the data that was removed.
- Cell Voltage Histogram
- Battery Temperature with 12 pairs of readings
- Previously saved graph
- Data capture graph

When Model 3 is selected there are only two graphs as the data for the other graphs is not available on the CAN bus currently being monitored.
- Previously saved graph
- Data capture graph

Apple is slow in reviewing so I don't think 0.6.57 is going to be released as status has changed back to "Processing".

However, I have uploaded 0.6.58 which is currently waiting for review.

Version 0.6.58 has reorganized screens. The Custom Screens are now on Screen 1 (left most) and all graphs are on screen 1 (right most) so only two swipe left/right screens. (There is a bug I just noticed on Screen 1 where the Dots in the lower left corner are not being updated to show screen 1 is active.)

When Model S/X is selected you have five graphs screens.
- Cell Voltage graph (was screen 1) which now only has the cell data with no information at the top. That will make collecting the Cell data go much faster and should avoid missing some. In a future release I will add a custom screen with most of the data that was removed.
- Cell Voltage Histogram
- Battery Temperature with 12 pairs of readings
- Previously saved graph
- Data capture graph

When Model 3 is selected there are only two graphs as the data for the other graphs is not available on the CAN bus currently being monitored.
- Previously saved graph
- Data capture graph

I actually got TestFlight notifications for 57 and 58 at almost the same time!

Guys,

After some help for the uninitiated. Please forgive if I am in the wrong post and perhaps for those of you who are experienced at this you can point me in the right direction.

I have been affected by both batterygate and chargegate and looking for a way of monitoring/interrogating my 85D MS in much more detail and be able to access the data from my phone.

I have both a MacBook and iPhone so clearly looking for something that works on the Apple OS/iOS platform.

Will TM Spy be available shortly on the app store and what is the best cable/remote monitoring dongle to get?

Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions. I am UK based.

• Love
Reactions: GSP
Version 0.6.59 has been uploaded to iTunes and is waiting for them to review and release.

- For the Model S/X restores the data at the top of the Cell Voltage graph.

- Added a new Custom screen that displays Efficiency and Energy usage (Model x2, orientation x2 = four screens total).

- Fixed bug that might have prevented displaying the directory of custom screens when you pressed the "Load" button.

- Changes some of the night colors so they are not as bright.

Version 0.6.60 has been uploaded to iTunes and is waiting for them to review and release.

- Removed some unused code that sometimes caused a crash when a custom screen was loaded.

- Fixed bug that prevented the Freeze function from working on custom screens.

- Fixed typos on custom screen and help file.

- Fixed bugs when vehicle was a Model S75 which caused the Cell Voltage graph to graph one maximum voltage cell at the end. Also caused battery temperature graph to graph temperatures for two cell block that are not actually installed.

- Fixed bug that prevented odometer reading from being displayed at the top of the Cell Voltage graph.

Version 0.6.61 has been uploaded to iTunes and is waiting for them to review and release.

- Moved the "Load" button on the Custom screen to the foreground so it does not get "covered" by a near by gauge element which would then make it hard to use.

Tried 0.6.61 on the way home yesterday. On the 'all data view' it doesn't show Pack V, Amps and power. When I go into graph view it does. When I go back to all data it gets stuck where the graph was when I left it. Also odometer was stuck for a few minutes. Using iOS 13 with LELink2.

Tried 0.6.61 on the way home yesterday. On the 'all data view' it doesn't show Pack V, Amps and power. When I go into graph view it does. When I go back to all data it gets stuck where the graph was when I left it. Also odometer was stuck for a few minutes. Using iOS 13 with LELink2.
With any of the "All Variable" views the data is going to be flowing into the OBDII adapter at a rate much higher than it can transfer to TM-Spy. When the OBDII internal buffer fills up (around 32 frames of data) it then needs to be restarted by TM-Spy. So what happens is TM-Spy is getting small samples of data from the CAN bus. To make matters worst a lot of that data is not needed.

This is all the result of the standard OBDII adapters only having a single Mask/Pattern pair. TM-Spy automatically create a Mask/Pattern set by looking at the data being displayed on that screen. You can see the Mask/Pattern as the last values displayed on the right for the "All..." screens. If you see a Mask of 000 then the OBDII adapter will try to send all the CAN frames (maybe 2,000 to 3,000 per second) to TM-Spy. That is going to result in the OBDII's very small internal buffer filling up.

As I have said, these "All" screens are just to give you an idea of the data available. I use them for testing as I initially test on a hardware simulator that generates the CAN traffic for a M/S or M3 but at a lower rate than the real vehicle.

If you make up a custom screen with just the data you need to see in a larger font so you can actually read it while driving the resulting M/P can greatly filter the data. You can see this happening on the Gauge screens which update at 100 updates a second because all of the frames received are the ones needed.

You can see a frame rate of 100 or even 200 per second on the "All" screens with a Mask of 0x000 but keep in mind that TM-Spy then needs to pick out the frames that match the data on the screen. A mask of 0x000 or 0x400 moves the filtering to software.

In the future I would like to see a BLE OBDII device developed that includes more filters (say 32 pairs) then all the filtering can be done in the adapter. Standard Bluetooth OBDII adapter do exist that support an extended command set with additional filters. But I have not seen that for BLE or WiFi OBDII adapter.

In the future I will create Custom screens with less data and larger fonts but I don't have the time to do that right now. I was hoping others might start taking on this task and sharing their custom screens.

Hi Turbo, could you add me to TestFlight? I don’t see the app in AppStore. I have a Y cable and a OBDLink MX+ adapter. I am also a paid iOS developer if that’s of any value to you. I was going to undertake this project but seeing as to how far you’ve made it (and the little time I have with 4 children lol) I see no point in reinventing the wheel.

Please send a request to [email protected] with your Apple ID (email address).

The OBDII adapters that are support are WiFi and certain Bluetooth 4.x LE (BLE) adapters.

The OBDLInk MX+ is standard Bluetooth and is not currently support.

I use the Carista Bluetooth 4.x LE and LELink/LELink^2. The Carista is much cheaper than the LELInks. Available from Amazon.

Graphing will be functional in the next release. Here are screenshots of battery V/A and power from my Model 3 during a full acceleration run. Max amps was almost 1300A and power 360kW. Battery was only at 33% so probably not the highest values possible.
IMG_0179.PNG IMG_0181.PNG IMG_0182.PNG

Reactions: Roadrunner13
Version 0.6.62 has been uploaded to iTunes and is waiting for them to review and release.

- Fixed bug on Model S/X wh/km efficiency value which made it 2.59 times higher than it should be.

- Enabled the Graphing function and added a recipe to graph Model 3 Voltage and Current. While graphing other screens can not be updated.