Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of racks.. I have a gift certificate for a outfitter store that only carries Thule racks. Any idea what part numbers I need for Thule equipment? I'd love to get a roof rack on my car for this winter. (Pano Roof)

So in typical fashion as a new owner, (and avid snowboarder) I fired off a bunch of emails to Utah Ski/Snowboard resorts about getting destination chargers installed. The general manager of Powder Mountain wrote me back and said they are going to look into it and they were applying for the free chargers. Would be awesome if Tesla accepts them, Pow Mow is one of Utah's best secrets, and also rather out of the way. Destination charging there would be terrific. I hope some other resorts look into it also. It would be nice if some fellow Tesla owners who also ski or snowboard chimed in as well at the resorts and suggest destination chargers.
I just used the general info/"contact us" emails on the various resort websites, politely asking for the my request to be forwarded to the proper department..

Last edited:
Reactions: tony b
After watching several 4th of July parades and seeing groups of Jeeps and Volkswagens as entries do you think it would be possible to get a bunch of Tesla owners together for 4th/24th parades, light parades, or pride parades?

After watching several 4th of July parades and seeing groups of Jeeps and Volkswagens as entries do you think it would be possible to get a bunch of Tesla owners together for 4th/24th parades, light parades, or pride parades?
The last 3 years there were Tesla's in the Utah Pride Parade. There weren't any in the 2016 one though.
In 2015 there were several nice matte black ones (Looked exactly like the model 3 prototype matte black color).

My Park City sister writes to me with respect to Tesla's new (today!) "Worldwide Electric Road Trip", and where they'll be located in Park City (Aug 26, 4-6pm) as follows:

"The Montage holds car events every year, so I'm not surprised they are the ones sponsoring this. Unfortunately, if Tesla is attempting to appeal to a more broad market, their choice of the most inaccessible and most expensive hotel in the Deer Valley/Park City area is really misdirected."

Has anyone a similar or contradictory opinion regarding same?

My Park City sister writes to me with respect to Tesla's new (today!) "Worldwide Electric Road Trip", and where they'll be located in Park City (Aug 26, 4-6pm) as follows:

"The Montage holds car events every year, so I'm not surprised they are the ones sponsoring this. Unfortunately, if Tesla is attempting to appeal to a more broad market, their choice of the most inaccessible and most expensive hotel in the Deer Valley/Park City area is really misdirected."

Has anyone a similar or contradictory opinion regarding same?

The Montage is a rather ritzy place, perfect location to sell Tesla's.. It's nice that Tesla is hosting an event in my back yard, sadly I will already be at Burning Man on the 26th.

Some had noted that the Tesla flag at the SLC store is inappropriately slightly larger than the American flag. The folks at the store heard that and as the American flag was getting a bit worn they've ordered a new, bigger one and brought down the old one.

Nice to see they're still flying the Tesla flag . It can be seen from a long way off. Maybe even as far as the capitol building...

BTW, after returning to the car after taking the picture of the flag I noticed a bit of irony regarding where I'd parked. :)

flag copy.JPG

edison.JPG

Reactions: tony b and ModelX