Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pardon me for butting in .... I hold a reservation (late 2018 or early 2019). I have been researching chargers in Utah, and there are sufficient number (with Maverick announcing more) that I think I will go with the standard battery, and put my money into interior upgrades. In addition ... no way do I want black exterior of most definitely, not a black interior.

Do you not have the ability to charge at home or work? If you want we can chat about it at the electric event, or sooner if you want to have a long lunch/dinner on a Saturday. I should probably get a job at Tesla so I can get paid to show my enthusiasm.

Reactions: KJD
I should probably get a job at Tesla so I can get paid to show my enthusiasm.

I don't think Tesla generally want's fans at working at the stores. They hire mostly young people who will stick "the script" with enthusiasm but who in general don't know much about the cars before working there.

Don't get me wrong, they are all nice, but I think our owner skills are best used out in the real world.

There was a "opportunity drawing" (as raffles are called in Utah) for people who showed up. Mostly smaller things were given away, but the big prizes included a electric lawn mower and a EVSE.
I won the 16A portable EVSE. Gave to a friend with a leaf, then had to beg it back when I got my own leaf. What a jerk I am! I'm now on a load shared Tesla wall connectors with a JDapter Stub, so I finally gave it back.

I'm hoping to win the electric snowblower (if they have it again) this year.

Reactions: Fiver
@ccutrer do you live somewhere in harvest hills? Saw a blue Model X on 20s heading that way on my way home from work.
Yup. We ate dinner at Traverse Mountain at about 4:30, so almost assuredly me. I think there's also a black X in Harvest Hills that I've seen once or twice, and a silver X down south by the lake somewhere, that's been around since before we even ordered ours.

For those who have an interest in data, the state just released info on 2017 Q2 new car sales. 36 Model X (which oddly they refer to as a Light Truck) and 35 Model S.

That brings the total of all Teslas registered in the state since the first in June 2009 to 816.

Considering how many Utahns have ordered 3s I expect that number to increase a lot in the years to come.

Reactions: rhumbliner and KJD
"That brings the total of all Teslas registered in the state since the first in June 2009 to 816."

817 as of tomorrow. Hello all. Wife and I will accept delivery of Model X 100D tomorrow. Retired couple, look forward to traveling around with the free supercharging. We live in Layton, just off 89 and Antelope. Any tips for what to inspect when we pick up car? Have the checklist from TMC member but any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Reactions: Denarius
"That brings the total of all Teslas registered in the state since the first in June 2009 to 816."

817 as of tomorrow. Hello all. Wife and I will accept delivery of Model X 100D tomorrow. Retired couple, look forward to traveling around with the free supercharging. We live in Layton, just off 89 and Antelope. Any tips for what to inspect when we pick up car? Have the checklist from TMC member but any other thoughts would be appreciated.
818 as of Saturday then. A friend is taking delivery of his Model X P100D.

As for inspecting... really, just enjoy the delivery experience. Salt Lake Service is great to handle any issues that come up.

Reactions: KJD