Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Utah finally issued "New Motor Vehicle Sales" for 2017 Q3.
https://tax.utah.gov/econstats/mv/new-vehicle-sales

It shows 19 X and 33 S sold during the quarter totaling 867 Roadster, X and S since the first Roadster was sold in Utah in 2009.

Since they are showing sales and apparently not registrations it does not show any vehicles brought in from out of state.

For those interested in details I've attached a PDF detailing all sales going back to 2009.

Attachments

• utah teslas.pdf
    44.1 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Fiver
Looks like a great extortion rack - which is what most of government has become. Ask most any small business person what the fees and licenses they must pay for and ask them to tell you the benefits/services they or the public get.
Now back to this scheme (I'm sure this one will pass.)

Highlighted Provisions:
11 This bill:
12 ▸ defines terms;
13 ▸ creates a direct-sale manufacturer license;
14 ▸ creates a direct-sale manufacturer salesperson license;
15 ▸ permits a direct-sale manufacturer licensee to act as a dealer under certain
16 conditions;
17 ▸ permits a direct-sale manufacturer salesperson licensee to act as a salesperson for
18 one direct-sale manufacturer under certain conditions;
19 ▸ exempts a direct-sale manufacturer from the provisions of the New Automobile
20 Franchise Act; and
21 ▸ makes technical changes.

Tesla, salesperson, "dealership" location - all get to pay for licenses - I hope Tesla shows these annual fees along with the other taxes right on the invoice.

</rant> sad state of affairs in the land of the free - I'm not saying anywhere else any better - I don't know.

Really interesting to scan/read/review the above bill - reveals a lot about how government works.

There’s an event coming up tomorrow (Wednesday the 14th) at Capitol Hill from 3-5:30 that Tesla fans may be interested in.

It will be a gathering of clean energy businesses like electric vehicles, solar, wind and energy storage. Some of the local Tesla employees may be there though not officially. A friend with Tesla says Tesla owners and fans are welcome to attend.

Today I stoped by the Summit county Library to see the new charge stations there. I had hopes of plugging in for a while but both of the J plug stations were blocked.

One was in use and the other was just blocked by a Chevy Volt that was NOT plugged in. For those of you that live in Park City I was just curious if this is a common event.

IMG_0467.jpg

Well, maybe if they won't let it pass there, once it does pass here Tesla here in Utah should start advertising in New Mexico. "Hey New Mexico Tesla fans: Governor won't let you buy there? Then come to Utah!" :)
reading the bill was astounding - Did you actually read the bill text? Makes you wonder how ...

I encourage everyone to read the bill - tells you a lot about how business actually works.
Notice how often the customer interests are mentioned and when the product quality is mentioned.

"shall not require the application of an identical standard to all persons in all situations."
it really says that - how interesting

Last edited:
Today I stoped by the Summit county Library to see the new charge stations there. I had hopes of plugging in for a while but both of the J plug stations were blocked.

One was in use and the other was just blocked by a Chevy Volt that was NOT plugged in. For those of you that live in Park City I was just curious if this is a common event.

View attachment 280352
I usually only see one car at the J1772 stations. Never seen anyone but me use the CHAdeMo setup they just put in.

Several Model 3’s are being prepped at the SLC service center. They didn’t have any hard numbers but the guy I spoke with guessed they had processed 10-15 of them so far since launch.

I saw about 5 here while getting work done. Including a matte black wrapped one that’s owned by the guy who already has a wraped matte black roadster, matte black S and matte black X. It looks like the one from the original reveal.

Attachments

• 9219EF6C-2857-4B0D-B365-215B17D8A3FC.jpeg
    9219EF6C-2857-4B0D-B365-215B17D8A3FC.jpeg
    528.1 KB · Views: 46
Several Model 3’s are being prepped at the SLC service center. They didn’t have any hard numbers but the guy I spoke with guessed they had processed 10-15 of them so far since launch.

I saw about 5 here while getting work done. Including a matte black wrapped one that’s owned by the guy who already has a wraped matte black roadster, matte black S and matte black X. It looks like the one from the original reveal.

Mine will be there by Thursday ;)

Reactions: KJD