Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 32.11.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right, mine is a 3. Maybe you have to have the premium interior and not just the partial premium? What a rip...

Venting the windows works great in my Model 3 (2019 Performance, FSD) in both the DOWN AND UP directions. But in my Model X (2018 100D, FSD), only works in the DOWN direction, unable to close the windows, and not sure whay that is, but there are a lot worse problems in the world that not remotely raising your windows.

I think I read in this thread that with 2019.32.11.1 the phantom slow downs when on AP and when a car is NOT in front of you, that seems to not happen as often, I do hope that's the case.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Have been on 32.11.1 for days now. Once I saw no new release notes I figured just bug fixes once again. I think that was 3 updates in 4 days for me. I had been on V10 beta as well. I haven't had a chance to drive yet but I did play around with Caraoke tonight in the garage and it keeps cutting off less than a minute into most songs. I did manage to get 2 songs to play all the way through out of 6 or 7 that I tried. I did a soft reset and the failures improved some. I had cracking and pops in my speakers when I tried Netflix but once again seems improved after soft reset. I feel the Spötify thing is some inside joke like Mötley Crüe - thoughts? I'll try to come up with some good real feedback once I drive the car over the next 48 hours.

What if 32.11.1 or some future update has a timer code in it to disable smart summon after a few days?

Thinking outside of the box here, if Tesla were forced to pull a feature that no one, or mostly no one, wanted pulled and no one would accept the update...couldn't they just write a sorta "timebomb" update code to make it appear it was just fixing bugs and people reporting that smart summon is still there etc...then oops, a week later, no more smart summon across the whole fleet.

I think I'm gonna delay it as long as I can.

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
Call me weird, but I don’t disturb my Model 3 when she is updating. I push the update button, close the app, and leave her alone for an hour or so. No need to check on progress. I’ve never had a single issue with an update or following an update.

Our S is over 3 years old and we are on our second 3 so we've done a few updates.
Over 4 hours ago had the car update. Said it would take 25 minutes. Two hours later was going to take the 3 and found out we are stuck at 40%. Spent an hour and 10 minutes on hold and then hung up on. Now another 10 minutes on hold again. When things go wrong at Tesla, they really screw it up. I need the car early in the morning.

The percentage indicates how far the download has gotten, not the update. There will often be partial retransmissions on spotty WiFi due to blocks being corrupted and failing check-sums that will cause the displayed percentage to rise, then drop, then rise etc. The update itself doesn't happen until the download is complete with all the check-sums verified. The best remedy would be to get the car into a stronger WiFi signal. I would expect the car to be drivable (using the old version) with the download showing stuck part-way, as no new version update has been applied. Is this not the case?

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
The percentage indicates how far the download has gotten, not the update. There will often be partial retransmissions on spotty WiFi due to blocks being corrupted and failing check-sums that will cause the displayed percentage to rise, then drop, then rise etc. The update itself doesn't happen until the download is complete with all the check-sums verified. The best remedy would be to get the car into a stronger WiFi signal. I would expect the car to be drivable (using the old version) with the download showing stuck part-way, as no new version update has been applied. Is this not the case?
Where do you get this from? Everything we’ve heard for years have said when the software update is ready, it’s already on the car. (If you are on WiFi). Has something changed?

And the time has not changed. About an hour for MCU 1 and 25 minutes for MCU 2.

To be clearer, I start the update and it started the new progress counter 10/20/40% and it looks like it’s the normal unpack/install/copy/reboot etc. process.

Where do you get this from? Everything we’ve heard for years have said when the software update is ready, it’s already on the car. (If you are on WiFi). Has something changed?

And the time has not changed. About an hour for MCU 1 and 25 minutes for MCU 2.

To be clearer, I start the update and it started the new progress counter 10/20/40% and it looks like it’s the normal unpack/install/copy/reboot etc. process.

The percentage indicator is new with V10. Previously, the indicator didn't show until the download was complete. Now you'll see a download percentage going by, but the "Press here to upgrade" button doesn't appear until it's fully downloaded and verified.