Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 first impressions and bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had V10 for over a week, P3+ on 'advanced'. The download happened when I went to supercharge at the Tesla service center at St Leonards Sydney. It auto connected to the Tesla WiFi, had a quick chat with a Model X owner where he was telling about V10. I sat back in the car and it was downloading the update.

Perhaps a trick is to head to the service centre and connect to the Tesla WiFi?

Reactions: sauhsoj
I’ve noticed using V10’s on Autosteer the car abruptly applies the breaks when cornering when it sees a car is parked on the hard shoulder.
Has anyone else noticed this?
It’s a bit scary breaking hard while cornering.

Yes, not great if you have passengers or a car up your clacker.

Does it in Autosteer and TACC.

It's so obvious to me .. why can't the AI tell the cars are parked! ;)

I hope hitting the accelerator is an 'event' for the Autopilot team and is uploaded for further analysis. Continually have to keep reminding the car to keep going!

Can you post a photo of the arcade screen?

Here mate
20191009_174034.jpg
20191009_174040.jpg

Yes, not great if you have passengers or a car up your clacker.

Does it in Autosteer and TACC.

It's so obvious to me .. why can't the AI tell the cars are parked! ;)

I hope hitting the accelerator is an 'event' for the Autopilot team and is uploaded for further analysis. Continually have to keep reminding the car to keep going!
On the few occasions that this has happened (only been driving our SR+ for 3 days) the car has recovered by accelerating around the corner. Even more scary than braking. :eek:

I don't think its V10 specifically, but as a new user I don't like the FSD drop-out, its NOT obvious from the noises that its dropped from full steering into simple cruise control ... been a few occasions I was surprised by the car "drifting" off the road.
And the blue wheel isn't glaringly obvious in your peripheral vision.
Needs a very specific/different Tone when FSD disengages I feel.

Don't have too much pre-V10 FSD experience, but the dancing cars being gone is good :D
A couple times its be scared sideways a bit by a car travelling beside me.
Otherwise most drop-outs, hesitations or braking events were somewhat justified. i.e. driving straight into the sun, construction areas with bad line markings.
1 failed lane change (dropped out straight away) didn't make a lot of sense at the time.

Had some Spotify "spinning circle" events, but thinking about it now, suspect its when I'm back away from house Wi-Fi
Listening to radio for 5 minutes then flipped back to Spotify was fine.

Anyone got 36.1 yet? Apparently has Smart Summon for RHD markets so it could be Australia?
I’m eager for it too. Looking at TeslaFi about 3% of users have it and the Stats fit Tesla iOS app is reporting 1%. The roll out began yesterday. I’ve set my updates to advanced and I think that is about as much as I can do to hurry things along

Me too. I even went to a supercharger at 2:30am this morning to try to pick it up (ok that is a bit obsessive but observing the wildlife on Chapel St at that hour is entertaining!).

There have been a few updates in the UK but no other RHD markets. Have not seen anyone in Aus/NZ with it yet (though folks are likely just waking up). Should know by lunchtime whether it is released here.

Reactions: Hairyman