Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While it would be nice to have feature parity with the latest models, Tesla are still the only manufacturer who offer any type of updates and improved functionality on older models.

Forget about getting software updates or ANY improved functionality let alone hardware upgrades with any other manufacturer out there - you are locked in time to the features and functionality your car had the moment it rolled off the production line. You don’t even get bug fixes for software issues.

A February build 2018 isn't considered the latest car when your paying 100k and you’d like not to be left out of a major update?

Guess I’m asking for too much. I’ll just go buy a new 100k Tesla every year.

• Funny
Reactions: spectrum
There is an issue that the Tesla API is currently reporting most cars as AP 2.5, that’s why Teslafi is seeing so many AP 2.5 cars at the moment, in teslafi if you go to settings you can manually classify your car because of this issue.
yes, perfectly said. Glad you mentioned it. So it should be noted that if people are looking at TeslaFi and thinking that only 2.5 cars are getting updates, then it can be misleading. There are a LOT of cars reporting as 2.5 that are really 2.0.

Reactions: DaveMUK
A February build 2018 isn't considered the latest car when your paying 100k and you’d like not to be left out of a major update?

Guess I’m asking for too much. I’ll just go buy a new 100k Tesla every year.
Do you get updates of any description on other brands that cost $100k? No. What about hardware updates? No.

I also have a McLaren that cost me over $200k - new in May this year. The maps are years out of date and I have had zero software updates since taking delivery. Nor will I get any in future. McLaren are rolling out a new infotainment system now. Should I be entitled to get them due to the amount of money the car cost?

So yes I believe you are expecting too much

Ap2, MCU1 here.

On the download screen, does everyone else’s update download progress bar proceed reasonably fast to approx 50% then just sit there near 50% downloaded?
And does the color green on the progress bar indicate anything? I thought I saw blue earlier.

Ap2, MCU1 here.

On the download screen, does everyone else’s update download progress bar proceed reasonably fast to approx 50% then just sit there near 50% downloaded?
And does the color green on the progress bar indicate anything? I thought I saw blue earlier.
Sounds like you are sitting in the car and watching. :D I suggest leaving the car and let it do its thing or you might accidentally interrupt it. Rare but can happen. And yes the progress bar is NOT going to move smoothly.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: TechVP
right. And with the weird naming conventions for some features (like Joe Mode), I am surprised they didn't call this one "coat hanger mode". :D Get it?
Always hated the name ‘Joe Mode’. Have that in the help message, not the primary name. I know the derivation after finding the original thread. But most won’t. Makes no sense at all.

The speed names at least are hooked to a movie....

Always hated the name ‘Joe Mode’. Have that in the help message, not the primary name. I know the derivation after finding the original thread. But most won’t. Makes no sense at all.

The speed names at least are hooked to a movie....
Yes, the wife says why didn't they call it something like "Whisper Alerts" so she can understand and remember what it really does. And side note.... always like your posts !

April 2017 build, X, MCU1, AP2.

Just updated to 2019.32.11. Smart Summon (Beta) is in the release note, but the app is still the old summon. I have updated the app to the latest version (3.10.0).

Have Spotify and Driving Visualization. But no Tesla Theater.