TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

V10 on the Model X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mattack4000, Sep 27, 2019.

1. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

Well it's here. I have MCU2, AP2.5 that was upgraded to AP3 computer at service.

Anyway just want to share a couple things. This is a pretty big update with ton of things in the release note. I saw

#1 New Game (Cup Head)
    #2 Smart Summon
    #3 Tesla Theater
    #4 Spotify
    #5 Caraoke
    #6 Driving Visuialzation
    #7 Automatic Lane Change
    #8 Feeling lucky
    #9 Maps Improvement
    #10 Mobile App
    #11 Dash Cam Improvement
    #12 Sentry Model Improvement
    #13 Joe Mode
    #14 Software update improvement
    #15 Bluetooth Media Improvements
    #16 App Launcher
    #17 Driver Profile

I only got about 5 miles. I don't have any huge earth shattering notes to share except

1. The UI for the most part remain the same except some subtle details on the screen with the car and the driving lines. It just looks a little less cartoonish like it was before.

2. Caraoke only has a list of songs from Tesla's list, it doesn't work off any song in Spotify

3. There is this new standby mode under summon where it allows summon to work quicker by keeping cameras on

4. The new app has an easy button to open trunk

5. The vent feature drops the window by like an inch, it doesn't close automatically. It's basically useless

6. Smart summon. I guess this is what everyone is waiting for. Well I can tell you you are not missing anything. The car might be doing a reasonable job in keeping the car from hitting things, but the entire process is just too clunky. (BTW you can test it by sitting in the car). For one, you have to keep the app open and the finger on the button to keep it on. The smart summon has a range of about 200' or so. It does backup, move forward, drive side to side whenever it wishes. There is no way you can use this in a crowded parking lot without starting a big fight even if you don't hit anybody. The time it takes to think, get ready, you are better off walking over to the car and just do it yourself. It is really nothing but a show off trick, but I hope you don't hit anyone or anything with it. Oh if you ask it to park it next to you at the curb, good luck as the car might just stop in the middle of the road to pick you up.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  2. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Here is the comprehensive list of thing I saw on my MCU1 AP2 Model X.

1.) Yellow lines drawn as a rectangle box my on screen.

• Funny x 20
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Windows close on the 3. What do you mean they don’t close ‘automatically’? What does pushing the button again DO?

4. ckoval7

ckoval7 Mild One

Make sure you're submitting feedback directly to Tesla if you think something can be improved on!
    v10-feedback.PNG

5. teethdood

teethdood Member

How big is the download? My MX just pulled down 26.5GB, which is massive compared to past updates, but no notification yet.

6. hypa

hypa Member

I have it too, I haven't gone out to the car yet.

7. VikH

VikH Supporting Member

Could be maps update too.

8. tyfon

tyfon Member

I really wonder how much EU will butcher enhanced summon. Maybe that's why it's US only at first..
    The first function I will test is probably "I feel hungry" anyway!

9. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

May be something is wrong—like mine? Three times now, the blue download bar goes all the way across. Thrn, it immediately goes to the middle and starts over.
    Each half distance is about 1.2 gb.
    Maybe that keeps happening to you and there’s an error in the download application?
    Mx100, mcu 2, ap2.5

10. HostileHarry

HostileHarry Member

Has anyone with AP2 hardware with FSD received the update yet? My 3 received the update last night, but not the X....

The Enhanced Summon on my Model 3 was really amazing... I was surprised at how well it did.

• Disagree x 1
  11. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

Yes, and people don't seem to want to keep in mind that Tesla says it is currently intended to be used only in private driveways type situations, not public areas.

• Like x 1
  12. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

#12 Silicon Desert, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    Careful with that one. A friend of mine and I took V10 for a drive on his model 3 to the hardware store this morning and tried the "I feel Hungry" feature for breakfast. It wanted to suggest "Mustang Ranch" …. (a house of prostitution). :eek: Nothing there I want to eat :rolleyes:

• Funny x 9
  13. _jmk

_jmk Member

Does anyone actually have the v10 with the mcu1?

• Funny x 1
  14. alexdav

alexdav Supporting Member

Same thing was happening with my X. Seems they pulled it now because last I checked the car, it was no longer downloading.

15. mattack4000

The download was 2.3gb

The vent feature can only open windows no closing

Attached Files:

16. mattack4000

You will need a pretty big driveway to find that useful

• Like x 2
  17. alphainfinity

alphainfinity Supporting Member

I just read what Elon said. It looks like you must have FSD AND the advanced option selected to get the update. Those of us without FSD will have to wait.

18. arathald

arathald Member

Judging by the numbers on teslafi, they stopped rolling out to model S and X or a while this morning and early this afternoon (pacific time), but they look to be rolling out again.

Interestingly enough, I see S/X getting both 2019.32.10.2 and 2019.32.10.1 now (except for a couple of cars, all S and X were getting 10.2 this morning).

Still waiting for my update notification!

19. mickey6

mickey6 Member

Also it seems none of the AP2s have gotten it. I wonder why

20. arathald

arathald Member

Could be a staggered rollout or just a sample size issue. Only 44 / 3255 Model S & X cars on Teslafi have AP 2. At 3.1% of the fleet currently on v 10.0, you'd expect to see only 1 or maybe 2 AP 2.0 cars on it. Seeing 0 is well within reason if they're lumped in with the AP 2.5 rollout.

• Like x 1