Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 release notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Please remember that you have agreed to keep the details of this release confidential and not utilize the information you gain from the program in any way other than to provide us feedback."

Nice.
All members of EAP agree to the NDA and should abide by it. Obviously, some members don't adhere to their confidentiality agreement from the pictures I am seeing. While it's no skin off my nose, if you enter into an agreement with an entity or person, I believe you should uphold your end of the bargain. These same people that have broken their agreement are probably going to be very vociferous when they are informed that they are no longer needed in the EAP program?

I'm sure these early access features is just the fluff for early access...the full meat and potatoes of V10 will probably go out to everyone in time. This fluff alone does not warrant the version update nor are they playing who's got the bigger version number against Porsche (yet) so Im sure this is a wait for it type a situation.

It is fluff when you can’t use it at most supercharging locations. I know he said WiFi was coming to superchargers, but if it’s at the normal rate of the new locations “coming end of...” Netflix could show up in V11 and still beat a major WiFi roll out.

Most phones/plans these days allow wifi hotspot functionality. So you could have the car connect to your phone and use it's LTE connection to stream the videos. As far as the car would know it would be connected to wifi.

I've only had my model 3 for 2 months. I was so excited anticipating an update once it was announced. My wife said I was more excited about those than when our kids were born! However ......now they are getting a little depressing as the self driving abilities have been less than advertised from day one start and I've been hanging on to the idea that "the next big update" is around the corner and all be good. Come on Tesla! Lets launch this bad boy! Even my Ford rental could self-drive quite well on the freeway! I'm glad you are waiting to get it right but at this point I'd like a new conservative date for expectations.

I can’t say there is one thing in those release notes that I could care less about. I rarely go to a supercharger but even if I did the last thing I want to do after a long drive is sit in my car and watch movies on Netflix. That is my time to stretch my legs, get something to eat and take a bathroom break.

How about showing alternate routes on the maps like Google Maps does? Or warning about a traffic slowdown ahead...like Google Maps does. Or actually rerouting when there is a better route option...like Google Maps does.

Absolutely!

Also, didn’t Elon say multiple waypoints would be coming “soon” sometime in 2018?

(Maybe I’m unusual, but I’ve also never had any success sending directions from my phone - car shows two turns then directions end)

(Maybe I’m unusual, but I’ve also never had any success sending directions from my phone - car shows two turns then directions end)

Don't know if this helps, but I'm not sure you can share directions, I think you're supposed to share the destination itself. I just share the destination (from google maps or wherever) and the Tesla nav computes the directions itself once I get in the car. I haven't tried using the share button with directions, but I'm guessing I'd get the behaviour you're seeing.

Don't know if this helps, but I'm not sure you can share directions, I think you're supposed to share the destination itself. I just share the destination (from google maps or wherever) and the Tesla nav computes the directions itself once I get in the car. I haven't tried using the share button with directions, but I'm guessing I'd get the behaviour you're seeing.

That wasn’t what I’d understood about the feature but will definitely give it a try. As I recall, the intent was to allow us to build routes on normal mapping software or EV route planners which would give us the possibility of multiple waypoints (specific charge stops, etc.) while waiting for that and alternate routes to be added into Tesla Nav.

Thanks!

I can’t say there is one thing in those release notes that I could care less about. I rarely go to a supercharger but even if I did the last thing I want to do after a long drive is sit in my car and watch movies on Netflix. That is my time to stretch my legs, get something to eat and take a bathroom break.

How about showing alternate routes on the maps like Google Maps does? Or warning about a traffic slowdown ahead...like Google Maps does. Or actually rerouting when there is a better route option...like Google Maps does.
Waze integration would be nice.

Reactions: klib