Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 software and Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the update last night (SR+ with FSD). This is my finding this morning (in the driveway):

View attachment 459690

Seems too good to be true (and unfair to premium interior owners), so I don’t expect it to last. But it’s nice for now!

Oh please let this be true. They may be giving it to you because of your FSD purchase. But geeze I hope they leave it alone for all us pleed SR owners.

New (almost) owner of a SR+...picking up my car tomorrow. Sorry, but I don’t understand what good Spotify would be only over WiFi? Wouldn’t you want to listen to your music while driving (LTE)?

Sorry if this is a noob question.

New (almost) owner of a SR+...picking up my car tomorrow. Sorry, but I don’t understand what good Spotify would be only over WiFi? Wouldn’t you want to listen to your music while driving (LTE)?

Sorry if this is a noob question.
Yes! Who has instant WiFi while on the road unless you have your phone hotspot working.
Also someone posted on Reddit that their music or Spotify works with LTE.

Fred

So this is just my guess after seeing these reports of music streaming over LTE.... I see the SR/SR+ cars getting most of the software features of the premium models (live traffic, streaming, video) and then within the next month or so Tesla will announce that all cars (aside from maybe S and X) will have to start paying $100 annually for premium connectivity or be limited to using wifi for these features.

This is really good news, because I actually think WiFi doesn’t work while the car is in drive? I installed an outdoor WiFi router on my garage wall and the signal should reach the street (my phone holds the connection) but my Tesla never switches from LTE to WiFi until I put it into park...

So this could rule out the cellphone hotspot plan...
While I don't have V10 but I know wifi works while driving. I tried today with my phone Hotspot

Reactions: cjh.
So this is just my guess after seeing these reports of music streaming over LTE.... I see the SR/SR+ cars getting most of the software features of the premium models (live traffic, streaming, video) and then within the next month or so Tesla will announce that all cars (aside from maybe S and X) will have to start paying $100 annually for premium connectivity or be limited to using wifi for these features.

I havent seen any reports of SR+ owners getting traffic and satellite view with V10 just streaming music. With that being said...we know the subscirption is confirmed and coming.

I have a SR+ after one of the earlier updates I had Slacker for one day and then it went away as quickly as it appeared. It wouldn't surprise me if that's what's going on with the reddit user. I can hotspot my phone to my car. I wonder if that will work as "WiFi"? We'll see when v10 makes it way down to me.
I Hotspot to my car today. It works fine as wifi while driving. So in the worst case I think we can just Hotspot and use Spotify

I have partial premium. I confirm that Streaming on LTE works. So does TuneIn, Caraoke and browser. I see theater greyed out but that might be because I was not on Wifi. So it looks like V10 enables most of the premium software features except satellite map and live traffic (didn’t check live traffic yet)