Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok be careful everyone .. yes there is a holiday update coming (on TBD date .. it's speculation as to the exact date). BUT there is no guarantee it will include any part of the FSD beta. Frankly, imho its unlikely .. it needs more testing, and Tesla are more concerned with not messing up regulatory issues with a premature release than satisfying "I want FSD!" guys (yeah, I include myself in that, but I'm ok to wait while they get it really solid).
This is not about FSD, it’s about the holiday update we are used to getting around this time of year.

I don’t know why people here think V11 will actually come before the end of the year at all. Musk is a hype man and yet has been silent on it. Nothing is leaking like it usually does shortly before release. Plus, Musk is very well known for not delivering on time, so I’m definitely not expecting it this year or really any time soon. In fact, I’m almost hopeful it doesn’t come soon given that the V10 feature set is so poorly optimized. The media apps are the worst performing apps I’ve experienced in the past year on any device and I’ve seen almost no improvement. If that’s the type of optimization I should expect from V11, I’d rather not get the update at all and hope that Musk brings in competent technical managers to clean up the mess.
Probably due to this tweet? I know he tends to be late, but he also has hyped it up. I'd rather it be late and polished, but I also hope it's polished and ready for the holidays.

Reactions: malou
Of course people play the games ... when supercharging for a start. You might not, but that doesnt mean others don’t.

It just blows my damn mind that anyone plays that garbage given most Tesla owners are high income earners with much better options to be entertained (tablets, high end smart phones, portable game consoles, etc). If one cares enough to play games while charging they are really limiting themselves with a poor game experience with what Tesla has delivered so far

It just blows my damn mind that anyone plays that garbage given most Tesla owners are high income earners with much better options to be entertained (tablets, high end smart phones, portable game consoles, etc). If one cares enough to play games while charging they are really limiting themselves with a poor game experience with what Tesla has delivered so far
Oh come now its just casual gaming while you are supercharging or waiting for togo food to be ready. This is hardly something worth getting excited about.

I’ve probably played more beach buggy racers than any other video game on any platform in the last 12 months. It’s simple and fun and occupies my time while I’m waiting for a takeout order or charging or waiting for my wife to shop.

Of course people play the games ... when supercharging for a start. You might not, but that doesnt mean others don’t.

I'd like to see some polling results on this.
After looking at the games initially and playing a few classics once, I've not touched the games in over a year, and it just doesn't float my boat.
I'll use my smart phone or watch YouTube (with commercials cause I can't log in).

I'd like to see some polling results on this.
After looking at the games initially and playing a few classics once, I've not touched the games in over a year, and it just doesn't float my boat.
I'll use my smart phone or watch YouTube (with commercials cause I can't log in).

Why? Are you saying only "popular" items should ever be included in the car? What happens when your personal favorite feature is voted out?

The games occupy a small amount of space on flash storage in the car, and were all probably ported by the dev teams in their spare time as a way to unwind. I'd rather have the Tesla whimsy than a boring old Toyota/BMW who never ship a single update of any kind after purchase unless they can figure out a why to charge $$ for it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tundrok and T3SLA3
Toyota/BMW who never ship a single update of any kind after purchase unless they can figure out a why to charge $$ for it.

Or are forced to recall.

Honda recalling 1.79 million vehicles worldwide for safety issues

Honda: Send out letters, customers need to call in to dealerships to schedule, arrange for techs to spend hours applying updates, do mounds of paperwork to pay dealerships for fix, inconvenience customers, etc.

Tesla: “git push .....” Done.

Sometimes, we forget quite how good we have it.

ok be careful everyone .. yes there is a holiday update coming (on TBD date .. it's speculation as to the exact date). BUT there is no guarantee it will include any part of the FSD beta. Frankly, imho its unlikely .. it needs more testing, and Tesla are more concerned with not messing up regulatory issues with a premature release than satisfying "I want FSD!" guys (yeah, I include myself in that, but I'm ok to wait while they get it really solid).

True, but...

This you?

Any news on the major software rewrite?

This is pure terminology as I made clear. Elon has promised a "significant update" for the holidays. I cannot find a single example where he referred to this update as "V11". In fact, the only references I can find are to the FSD work being the "V11" update based on presentations way back at the beginning of the year. So we have:

-- A thread about "major software rewrite"
-- A thread about "V11"
-- Various threads about "the holiday update"
-- Various threads about "FSD"

.. and people confusing and conflating some combinations of the above to be the same thing, and joining the dots in a more or less random fashion. My posts were designed to caution people about mixing up "holiday update" with "wide FSD release" and/or "major software rewrite". You yourself seem to have done that by conflating my posts about "V11" to refer to the holiday release (they do not).

In all probability, we are going to get a bunch of "nice" stuff in a holiday release. I don't think anyone knows what that "nice stuff" will be; it might include some of the UI rework we are seeing in the FSD beta, but I very much doubt that it will include a wider roll-out of FSD beta itself.

Will this holiday release be called "V11"? Very unlikely, as Tesla historically bump major version numbers when they have a significant impact on the car features. In all probability, V11 will be the version used when FSD goes out for wider distribution sometime in the new year (though my guess is it will still be beta).

Of course this is all speculation, and we will only know as things actually unfold.

Clear?

Last edited: