Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe we're going to see V11 before the end of the year.

I’m feeling that way, too. It’s pretty certain that v11 offers the ability to stream live camera feeds from the vehicle to the Tesla app (confirmed by Green and shown in his recent UI options, etc.) — but we haven’t seen the Tesla app updated, so it’s unlikely they’re ready to launch.

Granted, there’s an outside chance there’s a ton of stuff “hidden” in current builds and Tesla could just flip a toggle, but I’m highly doubtful.

What do you consider to be gross about it??
I use a Pixel 5.

It feels very poorly designed from a UI/UX perspective. Some points:
- the spinner modal at the bottom blocks way more of the screen than necessary. Something small in the corner would get the same idea across without being so intrusive
- If it can't directly contact the car at that moment, it has no idea what your car looks like or any details about it. This is dumb because people don't change cars that often and this state should be synced/cached in a server somewhere. I park underground so my car image is permenantly blank, and the data is always out of date.
- some of the window switching and tabs takes many seconds to load despite how basic the information is
- the little chest for referrals in the top corner is pointless as it's maybe used once or twice in the entire life of the car
- there is an option to turn on fingerprint authentication that doesn't appear to do anything
- there is an inbox that doesn't appear to do anything
- the account screen just shows links and no information about your account or the ability to change the info
- every time you change screens, there are multiple flashes and spinners and logos. Should just be a smooth transition
- I could go on, but compare this to a professionally made app and it seems kind of embarassingly bad

Bugs:
- the one that's been bugging me the most is that I scheduled one service appointment and now it seems to forever say that I have an unread message even though it's not unread, and I canceled the appointment.

Screenshot_20201222-133007.png

Weird empty car space:
Screenshot_20201222-133704.png

Last edited:
These are a lot of really specific gripes..

I use a Pixel 5.

It feels very poorly designed from a UI/UX perspective. Some points:
- the spinner modal at the bottom blocks way more of the screen than necessary. Something small in the corner would get the same idea across without being so intrusive
You can't do anything until the API can connect to the car, so the modal might as well take up the whole screen. There is no centrally cached information about car state so even the last data shown is useless.

- If it can't directly contact the car at that moment, it has no idea what your car looks like or any details about it. This is dumb because people don't change cars that often and this state should be synced/cached in a server somewhere. I park underground so my car image is permenantly blank, and the data is always out of date.
The car image includes a ton of state information - open doors, trunk, frunk, windows, wheel selection - without asking the car the state, all it could do is show a (misleading) image of your car's fixed characteristics - the model and color. Why bother? You know what your car looks like.

- some of the window switching and tabs takes many seconds to load despite how basic the information is
To quote Louis CK - "It's GOING TO SPACE, CAN YOU GIVE IT A SECOND?!" - the API has to go from your phone to Tesla servers to the car, possibly waking up the car, to get status. That's how JSON works, we just have a lot of links in between.

- the little chest for referrals in the top corner is pointless as it's maybe used once or twice in the entire life of the car
Agreed. Kinda pointless to be so prominent, but it's a marketing technique (kind of their only one) so it gets 30 pixels square in the corner.

- there is an option to turn on fingerprint authentication that doesn't appear to do anything
It's so when you want to ask your car to start (keyless driving) you don't have to type your password. Blame Google - that's how apps access your credential storage.
- there is an inbox that doesn't appear to do anything
There are announcements roughly quarterly with tips for winter driving, new software announcements, etc. Why would you expect to have received a bunch of messages as a new owner?

My FSD AP turned off multiple times in the rain the other day in Seattle on the freeway. AP still worked, but the FSD capabilities turned off.

The fender cameras are susceptible to water build-up which blurs their view. My MX looses NoA capability on > 1 hr freeway drives in moderate to heavy rain. I get messages that the left or right forward cameras are obscured or not functional, and when I stop to check they look fine with nothing blocking them. I've reviewed recorded fender camera data and observed the blurred view.

I'm not sure what to do about this, but Tesla should be working on some sort of fix if they expect FSD to work in rainy conditions.