Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been flying in and out of Sacramento, as well as ALL of the Bay Area airports, since 1989.

Sacramento is my favorite of the area airports. Everything from the airport layout to the friendly and competent air traffic controllers makes it one of the better California destinations.

The only negative about Sacramento is the seasonal fog, but even then, the airport is equipped with instrument approaches that allow us to land with very low visibility.

During the last big Bay Area earthquake (the exact year eludes me at the moment, but I think it was 1990), a TON of aircraft that were supposed to land at the various Bay Area airports had to divert to land at Sacramento. Including me. The Sacramento air traffic controllers handled more aircraft over a six hour period than they normally handled in three days. Their professionalism and grace under pressure sticks out in my mind even now... 30 years later. A lot of these aircraft were arriving from over seas, meaning that they were all tapping into their reserve fuel at a prodigious pace. The Sacramento controllers were truly under paid that day.

I always grin when I see Sacramento on my flight schedule.

We don't get nearly as much seasonal fog as decades past... due to... wait for it... climate change. Hence one of many reasons every in the California capital should be driving an EV at some point.

That lovely quake was 1989. I lived in SF at the time and remember the whole experience too well.

Lessee . . . live in Seattle or Sacramento?

Seattle has mountains, culture, jobs, hiking, fishing, biking, skiing, boating, ferries, Seahawks, ...

Sacramento has . . . . sun. And avocados.

Aww hell, I like rain. :rolleyes:

don’t forget the
We don't get nearly as much seasonal fog as decades past... due to... wait for it... climate change. Hence one of many reasons every in the California capital should be driving an EV at some point.

That lovely quake was 1989. I lived in SF at the time and remember the whole experience too well.

No fog? Sounds like a good change to me.

I would assume that for AP1, this is overall going to somehow be worse: more nags, slow and laggy, worse UI, more clicks, less on-screen info, etc. I'm guessing that the reason the MCU1->MCU2 update even exists is because V11 will virtually require it to work acceptably. I hate being cynical, but that's the pattern.
Which is why Tesla needs different software paths for MCU1 and MCU2 vehicles

Reactions: kavyboy

No, the problem is the aerodynamics of the fender camera mount and/or the adjacent tire spray when driving in heavy rain. The problem doesn't seem to happen right away during the drive, it seems to take like an hour of driving for the error messages to start showing up.

For some reason, water isn't being blown away from the fender cameras in heavy rain. The rain water tends to accumulate over the camera lens, perhaps because the aerodynamics of the mount leads to a stagnant air zone in front of the camera lens & a little water accumulates there to distort the view.

I don't have a good solution at this point. I'm thinking of applying some Rain-X to the lens cover and the adjacent surfaces (or some sort of hydrophobic coating) to help prevent water accumulating there. If the aerodynamics trap a little water at the lens, Rain-X won't help.

Good things come to those who wait ... Unfortunately the current FSD "experience" as it sits is a dead-end. The software is about as good as it's going to get - you won't see any improvements, really. The software is really limited as it scans everything in 2 dimensions.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that the "FSD Re-Write" is in active beta testing and is right around the corner for the rest of us. It's a fundamental difference -- "New FSD" scans everything in 4 dimensions - X, Y, Z axis and over time. That's a fundamental game-changer and where Tesla is spending 100% of their FSD efforts.

So I guess my point is... I wouldn't be too disappointed based on the current FSD. Yep, it's not great, and it never will be. That's why it's getting replaced. As Tom Petty said... "The waiting is the hardest part."

Can't wait, personally, to get my hands on 4D FSD. It's shaping up to be a monumental shift.
My optimism is guarded. We will see. I’m hoping!

xsuAqLo.png