Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V5C Registration Certificate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just some general advice wanted. It’s been about 7 weeks since I collected my new Tesla but I still haven’t received the V5C Registration Certificate from the DVLA. Has anyone else experienced a similar delay or been in a situation where this was not sent to them?

Many thanks

I received mine after a few days (end of March). We also have the DVLA registration confirmation page from the website in our 'glovebox' in the Tesla Account. I'd chase it up after more than 6 weeks as that's the upper time limit DVLA normally put on it.

Reactions: yfwt
Could be due to the strikes?

The registration process is fully automated. no human has to do anything if it is a straight forward first reg of a new car so it should take days to get the V5. The things that are slow are anything involving sending in a paper form that has to be processed by hand. These were already affected by COVID and the strikes are not going to help

• Informative
Reactions: yfwt
We have a race against time to get our sons provisional driving license before his first lesson mid next month. We were expecting a long waiting list for lessons, but not the case and got caught on the hop a bit. Unfortunately checking his application progress online, they are expecting receipt of a paper form that, whilst early days, we have not received yet. So we are doubly at the mercy of the DVLA and Royal Mail. But at least it sounds like DVLA may have sent the form.

My Volvo's tax ran out in June 2020, having ordered my Model 3 in April.
I had no idea how long to re-tax the Volvo for so switched to monthly payments.
It was a bit more expensive per month than 1/12th of a year but did mean, when I did eventually get my Model 3 in September it was very quick to turn off the Volvo tax and didn't need a refund.

We have a race against time to get our sons provisional driving license before his first lesson mid next month. We were expecting a long waiting list for lessons, but not the case and got caught on the hop a bit. Unfortunately checking his application progress online, they are expecting receipt of a paper form that, whilst early days, we have not received yet. So we are doubly at the mercy of the DVLA and Royal Mail. But at least it sounds like DVLA may have sent the form.
Getting the form sent to you is the easy bit I'm afraid, automated. iIs getting it processed by a human when you fill it in and return it that is going to be the slowest bit. I would like to hope things have improved there now but would not be surprised if there is still a backlog.

• Helpful
Reactions: MrBadger
not much Tesla can ( or will ) do so long as they did not forget to register it. Have you checked Get vehicle information from DVLA
contacting the DVLA is your only real option
Yes, it says it was issued a few days after I picked it up. I got the car through my business so it's the office address and not my home address...not helped by the fact we were all working from home at the time but the other post was delivered ok.

I'll contact Tesla and find out what's happened.

Yes, it says it was issued a few days after I picked it up. I got the car through my business so it's the office address and not my home address...not helped by the fact we were all working from home at the time but the other post was delivered ok.

I'll contact Tesla and find out what's happened.
We collected ours on the 3rd of March and the V5 turned up within a week. If yours hasn’t turned up, I’d suspect this is lost.