Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9.0 in September?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I followed the instructions on the v9 support page and put a USB drive in my AP2.0 MX. I didn't see any indication that it was working.

Any photos from someone that does have it working?

You should see a camera with a red dot icon when it is working. Make sure it is formated as FAT32 not FAT32 (ext) and have the TeslaCam folder in it.

dashcam icon.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Yinn
Got V9 last night, while driving, you can see vehicles(trucks, cars, etc.) around the car, I guess 360 view. The navigation stay on top of the MCU and music/camera stays in the bottom, can't seem to toggle the view any more. Just took a 10 min drive.
I like it so far.
AP 2.0

Attachments

• E09267DD-E96B-4D0B-B678-629BA0B36F4C.jpeg
    E09267DD-E96B-4D0B-B678-629BA0B36F4C.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 70
Have you put in a USB drive? How do you know?
what does this mean? if you have pre-2.5 AP but purchased the FSD option at delivery, are you promised some kind of future upgrade?
You beat me to it...
Only for cars built after August. I have it in my other Tesla

But Elon did promise a hardware upgrade for all cars in "6 months time" so I should get it then

I like V9 so far too. The rear view camera to the bottom thing is my only gripe so far. I wish it could be moved around the screen like a windows app. The UI colors/layout look more modern for sure. The split screen was more practical though. I'll get used to it in a week so I don't think it's a big deal.

My biggest dislike so far. Especially when backing up. It may work on the S but on the X it’s way too far down.

The red line alerting to cars in the adjacent is sporadic and useless. Sometimes it would show up really late so can’t depend on it. Works maybe 40% of the time. Guessing it will approve. Wish Tesla would accompany the alert with a chime.
The problem with the blind spot monitoring functionality that Tesla uses is that it relies on you looking at the instrument cluster. Which makes it totally useless. No idea why they didn’t use the method every other car manufacturer successfully uses - an indicator in the side mirror