Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9.0 in September?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full release notes:
https://www.tesla.com/support/software-v9

What’s interesting is that the features distinguish between AP1 and AP2+ for blind spot monitoring:
To improve safety and increase confidence when changing lanes, cars with Full Self-Driving hardware will now display a red lane line when your turn signal is engaged and a car or obstacle is detected in your target lane. There is no change to the display for cars without Full Self-Driving hardware.

But makes no distinction for the dash cam recording that we previously saw reported and I’m screenshots.

That article claims
  • A new 360º visualization, built by tapping all eight external cameras into one big-meshed image, shows a bird’s-eye view of your car and vehicles around you.
Is that real? The Tesla page for v9.0 says "[..] There is no change to the display for cars without Full Self-Driving hardware. Tesla cars with Full-Self-Driving hardware will now use all eight cameras, providing a 360-degree view of surrounding cars. This includes improved blind spot monitoring on the instrument panel which reflects the type of car in your blind spot, supplementing an already attentive driver."

Do we need the FSD for this or just autopilot with 2.5? Is it actually stitched together or is it drawing vehicles on the screen at all 360 degrees?

That article claims
  • A new 360º visualization, built by tapping all eight external cameras into one big-meshed image, shows a bird’s-eye view of your car and vehicles around you.
Is that real? The Tesla page for v9.0 says "[..] There is no change to the display for cars without Full Self-Driving hardware. Tesla cars with Full-Self-Driving hardware will now use all eight cameras, providing a 360-degree view of surrounding cars. This includes improved blind spot monitoring on the instrument panel which reflects the type of car in your blind spot, supplementing an already attentive driver."

Do we need the FSD for this or just autopilot with 2.5? Is it actually stitched together or is it drawing vehicles on the screen at all 360 degrees?

You don’t need FSD software, just FSD hardware. Which all AP2+ cars have.

I don’t think it’s stitched together into an overhead view though to show cameras. I think it’s on the driver dash that shows vehicle icons around your vehicle icon so you know what’s around you. Similar to how the front camera shows cars ahead of you now.

You don’t need FSD software, just FSD hardware. Which all AP2+ cars have.

I don’t think it’s stitched together into an overhead view though to show cameras. I think it’s on the driver dash that shows vehicle icons around your vehicle icon so you know what’s around you. Similar to how the front camera shows cars ahead of you now.

So not much use then for parking. The main reason people (including me) want a 360 view is so you can see clearly how close to the kerb you are with both front and rear wheels. A few car icons dotted around the dash display are of little or no use to me! So I hope this is wrong!

Got mine installed last night. Atari is neat.. the blind spot is pretty good. I don't see the dash cam option, I think mine was built before the August 17 production.

The center dash with the mini model x and the lanes got smaller but atleast it recognizes bicyclist and other vehicles now..

Got mine installed last night. Atari is neat.. the blind spot is pretty good. I don't see the dash cam option, I think mine was built before the August 17 production.

The center dash with the mini model x and the lanes got smaller but atleast it recognizes bicyclist and other vehicles now..
It also seems to know the difference between a bus and a truck.

But no dashcam feature in mine... Pretty annoying it's AP2.5+

They better get me that computer hardware change soon! (I have FSD)