Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9.0 in September?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i haven't gotten the update yet and am not in a hurry given the elimination of the split screen.

a question for any *paid* FSD option owners out there - does V9 w/ paid FSD get you anything over non-paid-FSD optioned cars (i realize all the cars after a certain date come with the FSD *hardware*, but wondering if you paid for FSD if you now get something new from the V9 update)
At this time there are no features of V9 specific to having FSD activated.

i haven't gotten the update yet and am not in a hurry given the elimination of the split screen.

a question for any *paid* FSD option owners out there - does V9 w/ paid FSD get you anything over non-paid-FSD optioned cars (i realize all the cars after a certain date come with the FSD *hardware*, but wondering if you paid for FSD if you now get something new from the V9 update)[/QUOTE

Confused, people above said screen is split with nav on top and music on bottom?

When reversing, the rearview is on top and birds eyeview automatically shows below, when on drive, the nav shows in top- stays on and can't be turned off, and rear view disappears. Can be turned on by 3rd icon next to the music icon bottom left of the MCU.
Climate control defaults to single, by pressing the temperature #, the "sync" option appears, "unsync" then the dual climate shows.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 6B311302-D343-42D0-905E-A213368ED876.jpeg
    6B311302-D343-42D0-905E-A213368ED876.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 58
I mean they have the data, so this wasn't just shooting from the hip. I'm almost certain they can tell what screen config each car is using and can see what the most popular setups are. I kind of saw the direction the UI was going in V8 when they made the menu bar disappear if you had maps up top. That was something a lot of people complained about, and they easily could have added a checkbox to turn that feature on/off in the settings but they didn't.
Clearly navigation is used by a lot of drivers and they are catering to people who use it. Sadly for us we appear to be edge cases. I hope they fix this, but I'm not holding my breath.

It is, but it’s overkill. I was driving today using nav and I thought. Well geeze now that they’ve made my car a 360 view, why not impose my Nav direction into the center instead of having me look off to the side. Highlight in blue which lane I should take Nav wise.

Then I thought. That would be overkill. Nav pops up automatically on the left. Nav stays to the top on the right. It’s audible as well. And if we’re moving to self driving, is 2.1 channel surround Nav not already enough? And for that matter, why do I need Nav to my right and left?!

Also, played around with a buddy on V8 - 36.2. I remembered incorrectly. It doesn’t pop up to the top if the camera is on bottom.

When reversing, the rearview is on top and birds eyeview automatically shows below, when on drive, the nav shows in top- stays on and can't be turned off, and rear view disappears. Can be turned on by 3rd icon next to the music icon bottom left of the MCU.
Climate control defaults to single, by pressing the temperature #, the "sync" option appears, "unsync" then the dual climate shows.
Hope this helps.

is that birds eye view what they are referring to as surround view? or is there a real 360 degree view on another screen?

Probably so that when they find errors, they don’t affect as many people. Although unfortunate that their new software is so likely to have errors, despite always being late.

Customers should not be used as quality assurance and beta testing unless they opt in.

Even stranger is that Tesla really doesn’t have too many hardware variations to the be planning for, testing and validating. It’s like apple with iPhones. Much easier when there are only a few models.

AP 2.5 MX here on 36.2
Been connected to WiFi for the past 4 days (during 7pm-9am), and no sign of update or large file download. Was hoping for today, but lack of download or the update altogether would be consistent with update stall, especially given that 2.5 rollout started a while ago

AP 2.5 MX here on 36.2
Been connected to WiFi for the past 4 days (during 7pm-9am), and no sign of update or large file download. Was hoping for today, but lack of download or the update altogether would be consistent with update stall, especially given that 2.5 rollout started a while ago

Same here for a 2018 MX 100D on 36.2. :/ What should we do?

Customers should not be used as quality assurance and beta testing unless they opt in.

Even stranger is that Tesla really doesn’t have too many hardware variations to the be planning for, testing and validating. It’s like apple with iPhones. Much easier when there are only a few models.
AP software is beta and so we are all guinea pigs. Even then, according to Tesla's recently released safety record, it's safer using its beta software than without. I don't mind being a guinea pig if that makes me safer.
FWIW I'm still hoping for the early tester invite email

I don’t really understand why the rollouts are handled like this. So sign of an update for me. You should be able to request them.

Even when releasing an app on Android they're options to release to some % of users first.
In case you did screw up and you have a huge user base the damage can be limited.
They may have limited to S and X first. Wait a few days and then release the rest. Who knows.

I wouldn't assume anything is wrong.

Regarding other comments: No matter how much you test in house, users will find problems.
All software is "Beta". Tesla just labels it Beta.

Is google maps still in Beta? it was for years.

Calling it beta might help with a legal dispute as well.

Reactions: spectrum