Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 will add calendar, energy and browser to Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to have the ability to link driver profiles to specific smartphones
As good as that sounds, the linking of profiles to fobs in the S and X kinda sucks. If the person with the other fob reaches the car first, that is the profile that is used and you have to manually change it regardless if they are at the drivers door or not.

As good as that sounds, the linking of profiles to fobs in the S and X kinda sucks. If the person with the other fob reaches the car first, that is the profile that is used and you have to manually change it regardless if they are at the drivers door or not.
I use it all the time on the S and it’s very useful. I’m talking about 2 family members who alternately use the car and therefore don’t have to constantly switch profiles.

Reactions: jaguar36
Aren’t you stretching ? Now the car has to detect the directionality of the fob and your movements? What’s next ? Approach car from right, sit in passenger seat, then hop to the back seat, then exit left rear door, then enter driver door. All the while your profile does not get activated until last minute. Tesla, you suck! This car no bueno.

• Funny
Reactions: iluvmacs
According to source that spoke to Elektrek, V9 will add calendar, energy and browser to the Model 3. This is good news!
Tesla’s upcoming new Autopilot ‘Drive On Nav’ feature will suggest lane changes

This is awesome! It addresses the things I was most concerned about in the infotainment. I use the browser and energy usage prediction screen all the time.

Sure, the browser isn't great for all sites, but after you use it enough you find lightweight sites to bookmark etc. The recent model S upgrades to the browser has made it much more useful.

Last edited:
Aren’t you stretching ? Now the car has to detect the directionality of the fob and your movements? What’s next ? Approach car from right, sit in passenger seat, then hop to the back seat, then exit left rear door, then enter driver door. All the while your profile does not get activated until last minute. Tesla, you suck! This car no bueno.
Wut? That's the way it functions in the S & X.

I would be very happy to see energy and the browser added. I had assumed calendar would be added at some point because of the self driving talk about going to your calendar locations. Now we just need Spotify in the US!