TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

V9 will add calendar, energy and browser to Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by diplomat33, Sep 6, 2018.

1. diplomat33

diplomat33 Member

• Like x 3
  2. Muhammad

Muhammad Member

I want to have the ability to link driver profiles to specific smartphones

• Love x 1
  3. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

you should submit that feedback to Tesla if you haven't already: [email protected]

4. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

As good as that sounds, the linking of profiles to fobs in the S and X kinda sucks. If the person with the other fob reaches the car first, that is the profile that is used and you have to manually change it regardless if they are at the drivers door or not.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. Muhammad

Muhammad Member

I use it all the time on the S and it’s very useful. I’m talking about 2 family members who alternately use the car and therefore don’t have to constantly switch profiles.

• Like x 1
  6. heems

heems Member

Aren’t you stretching ? Now the car has to detect the directionality of the fob and your movements? What’s next ? Approach car from right, sit in passenger seat, then hop to the back seat, then exit left rear door, then enter driver door. All the while your profile does not get activated until last minute. Tesla, you suck! This car no bueno.

• Funny x 1
  7. Knightshade

Knightshade Active Member

Wonder what the chances are of the browser not sucking and actually being able to run things like waze and spotify?
    (probably 0 I'm thinking?)

8. JG T3SLA

JG T3SLA Member

Or wonder if the browser will work with online video streaming for use during supercharging

9. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

I received a software update this morning and I got all excited. I don't see the point of suggested lane changes but TBD I guess.

10. trunks13

trunks13 Member

I'd settle for different Slacker radio profiles linked to the driver. Wife's musical tastes are vastly different than mine. :D

11. RyanT

RyanT Member

#11 RyanT, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    This is awesome! It addresses the things I was most concerned about in the infotainment. I use the browser and energy usage prediction screen all the time.

Sure, the browser isn't great for all sites, but after you use it enough you find lightweight sites to bookmark etc. The recent model S upgrades to the browser has made it much more useful.

12. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

13. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Wut? That's the way it functions in the S & X.

14. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

I would be very happy to see energy and the browser added. I had assumed calendar would be added at some point because of the self driving talk about going to your calendar locations. Now we just need Spotify in the US!