Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vacuum Interior....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased a handheld cordless vacuum to keep the S nice and tidy inside. Specifically, the Black&Decker BDH2000PL. It was, for lack of a better term, garbage. The suction was atrocious. Didn't even pick up light lint. Returned it.

Fast forward to this week and - after a box of sugared bread lands on the floor - I seek a new vacuum. So I picked one up on sale at Ace Hardware for 40 bucks (Craftsman 9-17765), regular price 123 on Amazon and wow! It is a beast! Almost sucked the floor mats right up! Interior is super fresh now! Happy car! Works better than those at the car wash.

Wanted to share since I've been so focused on detailing the car every three days.

I used a Ridgid 4 gallon vacuum when I detailed professionally. It is a workhorse that would be a great addition to any garage. Having said that I think Tiger has it right, having your car maintained by a professional detailers is the ultimate way to car for your car!

Reactions: Ghosty
I recently purchased a handheld cordless vacuum to keep the S nice and tidy inside. Specifically, the Black&Decker BDH2000PL. It was, for lack of a better term, garbage. The suction was atrocious. Didn't even pick up light lint. Returned it.

Fast forward to this week and - after a box of sugared bread lands on the floor - I seek a new vacuum. So I picked one up on sale at Ace Hardware for 40 bucks (Craftsman 9-17765), regular price 123 on Amazon and wow! It is a beast! Almost sucked the floor mats right up! Interior is super fresh now! Happy car! Works better than those at the car wash.

Wanted to share since I've been so focused on detailing the car every three days.

In my experience most Black&Decker stuff is very inferior -- most of it a waste of money.

I used a pro for my Ceramic Coating, and PPF, as well as for maintenance... but to vacuum and wash the car every week, that seems a bit extreme? Or perhaps you only clean/vacuum your car every 6 months? (this is true for my boss, who never cleans his P85D, it drove me so crazy i swapped cars with him and detailed his car for him!)

Reactions: mrElbe
Every now and again you can pick up the 12 gal shopvac (https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-12-Gal-Peak-Stainless-Steel/dp/B00QFRSNRO) for $35. Just have to watch the prices. I bought one and then a few months later it went on sale again and my buddy picked up one. Thing will suck your face off, and has a nice long hose for reaching everything. I use it in my wife's Yukon XL all the time and never have any trouble cleaning it out. If it's just you driving it, once a week is probably overkill, but in my wife's "kid-mover" every week is a MUST.

I use one of the 12 gal shop vacs for most of the interior. As was said elsewhere, they do a great job. If you have floor mats, they are best cleaned up with a carpet (brush) attachment to a regular home vacuum cleaner. With that you can restore the "fresh from the showroom" look. Gas station vacuums also have good suction but I find most of the the nozzles a little too large to get into the smaller crevices, like next to the seat. And often they time out just when you discovered that last little bit of debris...

• Helpful
Reactions: Ghosty
I am planning to write an article containing handheld vacuum cleaner choices for car interior. for folks like us.

Already got some suggestion here, ha ha. Anyway, if anyone has some additional info to provide me - I'd be more than helpful. Thanks.

Dyson Motorhead Stick Vaccum. Various models V6 to V10.
Sale sites have refurbed units. Ours was $179.00 for the V7. Could be cheaper now.
It's cordless and the wife loves it for our tile floors
Works for my car interiors. No garage, just a carport. Nothing to lug around or plug in.