Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver\BC May\June Deliveries - Fixing issues, or refusing delivery after completing paperwork?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't find any info on this, and any relevant posts on this is buried in other threads not directly related to this...so i figured I'd start this thread.

• If you've received your car already, what option were you given for any issues you found, after you did the paperwork?
    • In particular i'm interested in items that requires some serious bodywork time, like deep scratches, or serious paint blemish.
  • Did anyone still refused delivery after doing the paperwork?

With Vancouver centers trying to rush people through doing paperwork before seeing the car, it puts customers in a big disadvantage. This is especially the case when we are not eligible for the 7 days, 1600km return policy. I'm not a fan of having anything shoved down my throat, especially for a major purchase. I can't even imagine buying a phone without seeing it first, let alone a 50K car.

I couldn't find any info on this, and any relevant posts on this is buried in other threads not directly related to this...so i figured I'd start this thread.

• If you've received your car already, what option were you given for any issues you found, after you did the paperwork?
    • In particular i'm interested in items that requires some serious bodywork time, like deep scratches, or serious paint blemish.
  • Did anyone still refused delivery after doing the paperwork?

With Vancouver centers trying to rush people through doing paperwork before seeing the car, it puts customers in a big disadvantage. This is especially the case when we are not eligible for the 7 days, 1600km return policy. I'm not a fan of having anything shoved down my throat, especially for a major purchase. I can't even imagine buying a phone without seeing it first, let alone a 50K car.
Wait what? We're not eligible for the 7 days return?

Depends on the location. For some locations the car is already registered to your name and a government sponsored rebate was already applied...

The solution is easy: I fill all the paperwork in advance, but I don't sign until I accepted delivery...

Wait what? We're not eligible for the 7 days return?

Yes, I don't why though.

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 16.43.41.png

If you have paint work that needs doing and can accept it as is, you could ask for a service credit in the amount of the repair work. Or if not, they should/will repaint parts that are too damaged. But if you drive off the lot there is a grey area because you could have scratched it after delivery.

If you have paint work that needs doing and can accept it as is, you could ask for a service credit in the amount of the repair work. Or if not, they should/will repaint parts that are too damaged. But if you drive off the lot there is a grey area because you could have scratched it after delivery.
Ya that would be what I consider to be “fair”. But I’m reading a lot of “take it or leave it” attitude for the Vancouver centres. I have no problem driving away with a giant scratch, as long as it’s in writing that they’ll fix it.

I think I will fill and not sign until after inspection/fix agreement like Sixela said.

Ya that would be what I consider to be “fair”. But I’m reading a lot of “take it or leave it” attitude for the Vancouver centres. I have no problem driving away with a giant scratch, as long as it’s in writing that they’ll fix it.

I think I will fill and not sign until after inspection/fix agreement like Sixela said.
Unless something has changed, they will fix scratches that were there in delivery. I had some minor defects under the clear, and I opted to live with them and keep the full factory paint. They are also only noticeable if you know where to look, so I took the service credit which I then used to buy drunk/trunk mats and FSD during the sale. Overall, I'm happy with that but to each his own.

Should also point out I took delivery last September, so maybe something has changed, but I can't see any auto manufacturers forcing a car with scratches on a customer and not offering to repaint those sections.

Unless something has changed, they will fix scratches that were there in delivery. I had some minor defects under the clear, and I opted to live with them and keep the full factory paint. They are also only noticeable if you know where to look, so I took the service credit which I then used to buy drunk/trunk mats and FSD during the sale. Overall, I'm happy with that but to each his own.

Should also point out I took delivery last September, so maybe something has changed, but I can't see any auto manufacturers forcing a car with scratches on a customer and not offering to repaint those sections.
I'd say what's changed is that they are delivering a record 100 cars per day in an assembly fashion way. No time for people to slow down their process I suspect. Good for Tesla but this puts big strains on the delivery team and the customer. I will not accept my car if it's not up to brand new car standard.

I didn't notice a couple of things on delivery day.

Trunk wasn't lined up 100%, so opening and closing it is bit sticky.
The rear glass has a tiny spot where it's delaminating.

Arrange a service request on the app, and had it looked it at the 4th store, they are replacing the glass and adjusting the hatch, no biggie.
Oh cool I didn't know you could arrange a service appointment straight from the app! good to know