Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is on my account and is what I paid on delivery.
View attachment 415213
That's not the MVPA. Also, you should have HW 3.0 based on your FW of 2019.16.3.2. Having FSD or not won't allocate you HW 3.0, it really depends on when they built your car. As Elon said during autonomy day, cars built a week prior to that presentation will have the FSD HW (HW 3.0).

A side note, it's great waiting for the ferry and not having to turn off your car ;) enjoy that A/C!

That's not the MVPA. Also, you should have HW 3.0 based on your FW of 2019.16.3.2. Having FSD or not won't allocate you HW 3.0, it really depends on when they built your car. As Elon said during autonomy day, cars built a week prior to that presentation will have the FSD HW (HW 3.0).

A side note, it's great waiting for the ferry and not having to turn off your car ;) enjoy that A/C!
Thanks for the info. Happy to have HW3 after all, though I wouldn’t have been too grumpy if I didn’t get it.

As I said I didn’t get an MVPA on my online account and had to look at it in the store on signing. It had the same information as I posted. They said the document would be available on the account tonight so I could post that if people really want to see it.

And yes, AC in ferry lineup is amazing! So is keeping car cool while I go to Blenz...

I don’t think anyone knows yet for the SR+. I believe for people who get it included (LR etc) they have a free year then can subscribe for $100 a year. I’d pay that in a heartbeat if they offer it to us.
Same. Hopefully, they take pity on us poor cheapskates from Canada. I would have paid up for the sound system/streaming, except that it would have cost me not just the price differential but also the $5k federal rebate. So, hopefully Tesla sees it as an opportunity to make a few bucks without creating too much of an incentive for folks not to get the LR. On that note, I'm also fantasizing they'll allow/provide an upgrade to the sound system to include a sub and activation of a couple of speakers. My sales guy said the old inventory were coming with the extra speakers, but the wires were disconnected and software locked.

Doubt it. It's the oldest trick in the car dealership book.

Once you take delivery, you accept the contract, no refunds. Big box stores offer refunds because they hope you'll come back. Car sales couldn't really care less if you're a repeat customer or not - that's years away.

Well, sort of. In BC until you drive it off the lot you did not take delivery. VSA rules.

• Informative
Reactions: cadetsea
06E804B4-ABEE-4ED3-887A-EE1F026242A1.jpeg
Randomly excellent timing this afternoon, I was behind the Tesla truck..
Such a great pic. Got the east van sign, lions in the background on a sunny day..

I never had the full Purchase Agreement online for some reason. But I saw 12% for ages and then it changed to 13% yesterday and then 12% again this morning and stayed that way through the payment at the store. Had $1000 Payment due (finances the rest) and I paid with personal cheque.

I'm paying by bank draft, how come there is another $1000 due at pickup? tax differences?

This reminds me I need to get some cheques from the bank i'm all out

Hopefully one of those blue ones on the bottom is my AWD

No, I hope it's mine :eek:

I don’t think anyone knows yet for the SR+. I believe for people who get it included (LR etc) they have a free year then can subscribe for $100 a year. I’d pay that in a heartbeat if they offer it to us.

Sorry, hold up, I've been missing something apparently. There's a subscription to pay after a year?

Picked up my car on Saturday @ Powell street location

Here's my list of things that I didn't know that I wish I would have known and observations from hanging around.

Tips

- Powell Street location is pretty small, no parking except street parking. If you have a trade in, you can park it in the lot.
- Having a VIN or not having a VIN means really nothing at the end of the day. Only concern would be when CEV funds might dry up
- Don't except your OA to help you out unless they aren't with a customer in person/on the phone
- A delivery advisor will contact you once your car has gotten past Tacoma. Usually 3 days before delivery
- You will probably have multiple DA's, Toronto/Vancouver/Vegas/Mars
- Arrive 10-15min before your delivery time, but don't expect them to be on schedule.
- Check in, then go find your car on the lot and look over it then.
- Build quality is getting better, but it ain't no Merc/Lexus. Don't try to agonize over every speck of dust or gap with a ruler. Ask your DA and note it.
- Get a quote for 3rd party insurance before showing up, they have about 5 insurance agents, but that took the longest.
- Contract is really just formality, it's one of the easiest contracts for a vehicle
- Your orientation is gonna be 5-10 min with someone, they are just product people, they can't fix shiet. But if something is dirty, they can clean it. Watch some videos ahead of time.
- Perrier drinks the fridge, I had 3 maybe 4
- Model 3 doesn't have a garage homelink, kinda lame, it's $300+ install from Tesla
- Your car will probably need a software update, mine did, don't try to do it at the lot, it takes 25min, just do it at home.

Observations

- Most of everyone is in a good mood, it's like buying a BBQ, everyone is usually pretty happy shopping for a BBQ.
- Tesla people are people, I talked to 6 different people while waiting, made the time go faster and all were super cool, talked about other stuff besides boring electric cars
- I think for some deliveries, this is a first new car, so obviously excited, but arguing on how a rubber seal works is pretty funny to watch
- I must have seen parties of 6-10 going along with whoever was picking up the car like it was a free lottery car. Grandma's, neighbors etc.
- Office is tiny, add all the insurance people and people waiting, it's a sweaty mess
- the make shift Ikea kids tables for writing contracts was funny
- Model 3 insurance is freaking expensive especially if you aren't going 3rd party. Gas savings is thrown out the door for a lot of people. Guy before me is paying $4600 a year....WTF
- Cars are dirty, almost every interior I saw was dirty, but nothing 5min can't remove at home, don't yell at DA about it.
- People asking for free supercharging mileage for not perfectly aligned panels
- New owners brought their own insurance agents (commission for hanging out at the lot I guess), but slows down the process
- Process took about an hour and I didn't ask anyone when my turn was up
- You have to go slow for the first bit of driving to let the car calibrate, so don't expect to get anywhere too quickly
- For some reason, I thought the car software had more to it. Too many damn youtube videos since my order. No LTE, no streaming radio, no summons, no Navigate on Autopilot.
- It's 13% tax on the black/black, consider it a $4500 federal rebate because of the AC Tax
- Model 3 is pretty noisy at hwy speeds, compared to my old Acura MDX, it's well documented, but something that catches by surprise because its normal so quiet in the city.

Overall 8/10, obliviously the gaps in clear communication hampers the overall online ordering process. My car has a few issues, that I'll get resolved, but nothing that I'm worried about.

Simple contract and no BS dealer after sales. Car lives up to expectations, almost 700kms since Saturday afternoon.

Last edited: