TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vented seats gone, alcantara dash gone, air suspension gone = new S interior coming

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Jun 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

It seems to come and go.

2. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

Refreshing the interior is unlikely. The car is 6 model years old already 2013-2018 with a few 2012s thrown in too.

Since it's tesla maybe they'll take a little longer but 6 years is about it in the car world before a new model is deployed.

The facelift kicked in after what...4 years? So maybe that will drag this out to 2019 but in either 2019 or 2020 there will be a whole new model S.

People get bored even if something is great. Most people who bought a 2013 model S, then upgraded to a P90D in 2016 aren't going to buy a 2019 P100D if it's largely the same car they've owned twice already. I would. I think it's great. But I'm not most people.

• Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

FWIW there are IMO strong rumors that we are in for an interior or dash refresh. OTOH there are no rumors of a new Model S yet, that I know of.

Rumor summary: Blind-spot cameras, Rain sensing, Level 3, Big battery, Interior/HUD

I agree that 6 years (2018 for Model S) is normal for a normal car, with facelift at 3-4 years. Sometimes this is stretched to 8+ years (2020+ in the case of Model S). But then, Tesla is not really normal, so all bets are off.

4. P100DHG.

P100DHG. Member

Any one watch Grand Tour last night. They showed the “New” Bentley Continental GT. Paraphrasing: “Same car for the last 15 years nothing really new.” Cars that look good and sell may not need to be refreshed like a Ford or a Chevy I gathered from that last night. Just my interpretation.

• Like x 1