TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Ventilated Seats?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Ramisanders, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Ramisanders

Ramisanders Member

does the AC cooking seats ventilate just from the bottom ? I can't seem to feel it on my back. Thanks.

2. MasterT

MasterT Member

"AC cooking seats" as in Alternating Current cooking seats? Better be a typo than an option :D

Anyway, the seat ventilation is not AC cooled - just a fan pulling air from under the seat. I dont think the ventilation is easily noticeable, especially by hand, but it is notable when you are seating on it.

I've noticed some on here complain about "insufficient" air flow of the ventilated seats but to me it's alright, on par with other vehicles I had. After all, I dont think much flow is needed to produce cooling effect on my behind.

3. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yup. Just butt, no back. Unfortunately.

4. heffneil

heffneil Member

I am surprised it is only butt? I test drove the X and I could have sworn I felt air on my back. It is hot here in FL and I even commented how strong I thought it was - the Tesla rep said it doesn't blow air but sucks air in through the seat. I don't know if that is true?

5. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

It's true

6. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yup. A local near me did a test at one point. I know he posted about it here too somewhere. It pulls air through from the bottom. If I can find the thread I'll link it.

7. cstromme

cstromme Member

• Like x 2
  8. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

#8 goneskiian, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Bjorn to the rescue! Huh, his test even seems to show that there is flow on the low back too. So there you go!

Thanks @cstromme!

9. S85D

S85D Member

Has anyone tried reversing the polarity on the fans so that they blow air instead of sucking air? All of the other major brands that I am aware of blow air through the seats. It is amazing that Tesla fixed the problem by stop selling the air-cooled seats. :(

• Like x 1
  10. KevinY

KevinY Member

I feel on my back only on hi setting (3)

11. heffneil

heffneil Member

I cant believe they dropped this feature! It is noisy as all get out but man a car of this price HAS to have ventilated seats!

• Like x 1
  12. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Likely because they are very weak even on the highest setting. It was a very poor implementation and I can see it not meeting Elon's high expectations.

Yes, I have them. :p;)

• Like x 1