Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 9 by the "end of the week"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electrek posted this article after Elon's tweet. Tesla is now aiming to release its highly-anticipated version 9 update by the ‘end of the week’, says Elon Musk

Does "the end of the week" mean before people leave work on Friday? Is the dev team working overtime pushing it out Saturday? Should I research when the week ends on Mars, seeing as Elon time is roughly equivalent to Mars time?

How long do you think it will take to roll out to the whole Tesla fleet? I'm excited to get updates, but I'd also love to have other people find the major bugs before I install it.

Regarding the dash cam feature, how will the video be stored and retrieved?

I guess it has gone out to the EAP....

electrek

v07vurw4bjo11.jpg

Dn_iR2gWkAI3uuK.jpg:large

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler
Electrek posted this article after Elon's tweet. Tesla is now aiming to release its highly-anticipated version 9 update by the ‘end of the week’, says Elon Musk

Does "the end of the week" mean before people leave work on Friday? Is the dev team working overtime pushing it out Saturday? Should I research when the week ends on Mars, seeing as Elon time is roughly equivalent to Mars time?

How long do you think it will take to roll out to the whole Tesla fleet? I'm excited to get updates, but I'd also love to have other people find the major bugs before I install it.

Regarding the dash cam feature, how will the video be stored and retrieved?

Really? Had to ask the question?
I think that it is important to understand release and when you get the update.

If it were out by the end of this week, it would mark the first time, that I'm aware of, that EM has made a time driven promise and kept it. :)

I suspect that EM lives so far in the future, that he doesn't know when "now" actually is.

He's kept his promise many times when he tweets out by end of this week. I don't recall the exact times but I do recall seeing his tweet about end of week and it actually coming up on that Friday or Saturday.

So, what will folks that bought Full Self Driving with there Ver 2.o cars get eventually? Any ideas?

Well, presumably they will get full self-driving, ie autopilot will be able to handle city driving as well as highway driving. My guess is that the first FSD features will probably be things like reading traffic lights, reading stop signs, and making turns at intersections.