Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 9 on AP1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Yes, we knew it wasn't.
2. Works for me using google maps on iphone x.
3. It is supported.
4. How would it be? one cam.
5. we survived this long without it....

Ap1 Features:

1. Dashcam does not work.
2. Sharing routes from phone does not work on AP1.
3. Obstacle Avoidance is not supported on AP1.
4. 360 Views is not Supported on AP1.
5. Blindspot monitoring is not supported on AP1. (even though early versions had this)

About the only thing different on AP1 is a little faster map drawing. Huge disappointment, especially the share route from a phone. I mean there is no technical reason this is not possible.

1. Yes, we knew it wasn't.
2. Works for me using google maps on iphone x.
3. It is supported.
4. How would it be? one cam.
5. we survived this long without it....

Regarding #2, Sharing "directions calculated by the phone map app" with Tesla app does not work, but sharing the "destination found by the phone app" with the Tesla app works just fine. The direction calculation needs to be done by Tesla navigation not by phone. Use the phone's map app and 1) search for your "destination", 2) share that "destination" with your Tesla app. Once Tesla receives that "destination" it will calculate the route and ready to navigate.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
Took one ride after the upgrade and everything worked great. On my second ride i received the "driver assistance no longer available...." Message. It won't clear. Any ideas? HaoenHappto anyone else?

Well not on the new version, but on the previous version ignoring the nags multiple times would give that message. Putting the vehicle in park would clear it. Are you saying after stopping/parking the car it is still disabled?

Something I am very unhappy about is that the reverse camera is now on the BOTTOM of the screen where it's much harder to see than on the top. I really, really hope they will change that again.
Is it true there’s no way to display rear camera and music (or other non-map app) at same time in V9?

I too always have cam on full time at top of screen where it’s easy to see while driving, as extra view of blind spots. I have almost zero need for maps but seems V9 prioritizes maps and only allows at most 1other app on bottom. What a waste of half the screen for general driving, if true.

• Love
Reactions: davidc18
Is it true there’s no way to display rear camera and music (or other non-map app) at same time in V9?

I too always have cam on full time at top of screen where it’s easy to see while driving, as extra view of blind spots. I have almost zero need for maps but seems V9 prioritizes maps and only allows at most 1other app on bottom. What a waste of half the screen for general driving, if true.

I just read in a post though that if you go into reverse there is still a park screen popping up with Camera on top and sensors on the bottom. Hope this is true. I don't use the camera while driving, just for parking. And for that I need it to be on the top, and not at the bottom.

Reactions: xAgyex