Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

version 9 poll

Are you running v9, aka 2018.39.x (or even 2018.40.x)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting, and the car is with the SC for some work (that list is growing unfortunately) and they said they can't push it out and don't have the ability. I find that a little odd, but I have to believe what they say.

Still waiting, and the car is with the SC for some work (that list is growing unfortunately) and they said they can't push it out and don't have the ability. I find that a little odd, but I have to believe what they say.

This could be what is sometimes referred to as a 'soft launch'. In that case they would be slowly pushing the firmware out to a larger and larger group of test cars and monitoring logs and waiting for user feedback.... as they get more confidence in the firmware they deploy to more of the fleet.

IF that is what they are doing, the typical reason is that they've seen problems or had reported failures that they have not been able to adequately reproduce so they need more real world data.

I had 39.6 48 hours ago and got 39.7 just now.

It probably made sense for Tesla to stop 39.6 rollouts with 39.7 coming immediately.

On 39.7....

39.7 this morning! Working great!

Nik

I just got V9 last night and it went right to 39.7 VIN 99K AWD.

Can someone confirm the Dashcam is working after getting 39.7? I just read in another post that the Dashcam stopped working for them. I just got home from dropping off the kid at school so my saved videos were on 39.6 but have 39.7 now.

• Funny
Reactions: MXWing
Can someone confirm the Dashcam is working after getting 39.7? I just read in another post that the Dashcam stopped working for them. I just got home from dropping off the kid at school so my saved videos were on 39.6 but have 39.7 now.

Received 39.7 yesterday morning. I already had a USB plugged in and ready. Yes, dash cam works in 39.7. Weird though, that the system saves the videos in 1 minute increments. I figured it would save them in a single, 10 minute video.

• Helpful
Reactions: laudbrian
A6258A38-6345-4926-ADDF-377361123E3F.png
Get to change my vote!! Parked the car tonight and did a reboot for the first time just to see if that would help (been getting other weird software gremlins). Few hours on WiFi later I got 2018.39.7! So far I like the new UI just playing in the garage.
I rebooted my car based on your post, and sure enough, this morning I got to change my vote! Based on all the other people saying the release has gone wider now, it’s likely unrelated, but now I’ll probably always wonder if a reboot would help when I want an update sooner. Feels like this xkcd :p :rolleyes:

View attachment 343462
I rebooted my car based on your post, and sure enough, this morning I got to change my vote! Based on all the other people saying the release has gone wider now, it’s likely unrelated, but now I’ll probably always wonder if a reboot would help when I want an update sooner. Feels like this xkcd :p :rolleyes:
by reboot do you mean holding the scroll balls in on the steeering wheel?